Ford Mustang Forum banner

map light and wipers don't work(HELP!!!)

960 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  S281Saleen 
#1 ·
DESPERATE HELP....PLEASE!!!...Just installed web electric's one touch top module and now my wipers and map light do not work!! The module is working as it should and has been installed for several days with no problems until now! The map lights and wipers were working fine after install but all a sudden, both functions just stopped working. Around the same time frame, I also decided to clean up the engine bay by using wire ties to consolidate the wiring on the passenger side right above the fuel injectors and not sure if this is related or not? The one touch module required me to minipulate the (red/yellow, black, red/black, yellow/lt blue, lt blue/orange, and violrt/orange wires in the smart junction box. between the module install and clenaing up the wires in the engine bay, not sure where to start looking for the problem? No I don't think it's the fuse bc I checked and no I dont think it has anything to do with the wiper motor but anything could be possible I guess. Think and HOPE this is a simple fix but dont know where to begin? PLEASE someone help...map lights are one thing but the wipers are much more severe!!!...obviously can't drive without the wipers...any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated....thanks.

#2 ·
I think there is a fuse for wiper power in the distribution box under the hood as well as inside the car in the small fuse box. I would check both of them. Do you have an Owners Manual to get the fuse locations? It's probably not a coincidence that your problem started when you tied the wires under the hood. Did you put any strain on them by wire tying them too tight?

#3 ·
Its possible i could of tied them too tight but cut all the ties and dont see anything that stands out but possible I cant see it if I created a small pinch in the wire or something. It was the wires that run on top of the passenger side fuel injector bar with one of them connecting to a circular metal box in the front of the motor? checked ALL the fuses in the junction box and in the engine bay and all looked good. So dissapointed, I get past all the technical stuff and make several successful installs and mess it up by over perfecting...figures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.