Ford Mustang Forum banner

2010 Mustang GT Ford Sync Issues...all is well!!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  3AlarmStang 
#1 ·
I am in Canada and received my Steed on July 4th, 2009.

At the time, I had a first gen 8gb iPod Touch. IPod was connected via USB, as Bluetooth wasn't available yet for the Touch. Sync was sluggish, slow and just blech!! It worked, however, and seemed to get better with updates to the Touch. I was unaware of Sync updates...dealer never told me. But after awhile it seemed to be better. I had periodic interruptions and did the fuse removal and disconnecting the battery to reset. In addition, not reading the Sync manual was a big mistake, as I never had my phone paired correctly.

Sept. 2010, I bought a 4th gen 8gb iPod Touch. For the first few months, Sync thru USB worked excellent. Fast and music was indexed quickly. Then ios 5 came along. Sync would work sporadicly. With the old iPod, I would lose the USB a time or two. With ios 5 on board it became two days and I would lose the USB port (Sync says, "USB Removed"). Then a fuse removal or battery disconnect. Then it would work for a couple days and then the same thing again. I could always tell when it would happen when music would "skip" or "hiccup".

Did some Googling and read that many people were having the same problems with some reporting that after updating Touch/iPhone and Sync, they had no problems. I did everything suggested and none of it fixed the problem. In order over the time I have owned the car: fuse removal, battery disconnect, iPod Touch updating, Sync update(way overdue apparently). I thought it was the actual tech in the car that was bad. Not once I would I have thought that my Apple iPod Touch was the problem...they just work, don't they??

Well leave it to these forums to have a solution. Found a thread that suggested the iPod was the problem. The best thing to do would be to use a thumb drive or older iPod models. So I got my 16gb Kingston Datatraveler USB drive, opened up music>itunes>itunes media and dragged the whole itunes media file to the USB drive. It took a few minutes to transfer. I put it into the USB drive and autoplay started. I'm thinking awesome, cuz for some reason autoplay was unavailable on the Touch. Tried a voice command, Sync replied it was creating voice commands. Again awesome. A few seconds later, I had full functionality!! Not only were the voice commands quick and easy, but all the steering wheel buttons worked super duper quickly!! I've never scrolled thru songs and artists so quickly. Lastly, I followed the phone pairing steps correctly and now have my phone connect automatically when I start the car...like it should have in the first place.

I never felt the urge to connect the Touch thru Bluetooth. The odd thing is now my phone is crapping out. I want to wait for the Super delicious uber awesome iPhone 5 or 6 or 4G or whatever it will be. Or maybe if my phone dies, u guys can suggest something.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.