Kinsler throttle bodies for 4.6 3v mustang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Kinsler throttle bodies for 4.6 3v mustang

Hi guys. I found a web site that sells individual throttle body's for our 3v's I was wondering if any one has an idea about this setup and what kinda a power they will give you? Thanks . The company's name is kinsler throttle bodies

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012
Apprentice

I didn't see anything on there for our motors, but if they are anything like every other after market TB, then they aren't worth it. The power gains are very minimal (a couple HP) and so IMO they are not worth the time and money to f*** around with. That is just my opinion though, not everyone thinks the same way I do.

2010 Mustang GT Coupe
Torch Red

"If you have time to look at the speedometer, you're not going fast enough"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

You have to click on ford and scroll down and there not one throttle body there idtb

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick shift 1 View Post
You have to click on ford and scroll down and there not one throttle body there idtb
If you're talking about this rig,, I don't see how that thing could be very street able,, and I'm sure it's very expensive.

Power-wise, I'm sure it'll support a few hundred NA ponies, after forking out several thousand ded-presidents ...

http://www.kinsler.com/manifolds2/fo...p_image010.jpg

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT, Forged 4.6L Roush TVS and other stuff ... The modding shall never end ...

Wife's car ... 2014 Sterling Gray Premium GT 401A, stock for now ..
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012

Looks like you will also need all new lines...they are pretty cool looking though
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

interesting, id like to hear more about that setup.....

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

What the heck are you gonna do put eight maf's on there... Idk if this is for our three valve engines. Even if they were, you would see probably no more than 15 hp gain with a stock mustang. And these will not work with superchargers of any kind.

'05 GT
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yep that's them right there. It says it's for ower 3vs. I can't see them adding a few poneys maby like 50 100hp. There's a vid of a Honda Ik I hate weed wakers but it has itb and made 382rwhp na k20 motor. And the guy from hot rod tv did a show where they had the new5.0 setup with these bad boys. I think these could make one serious n/a monster and look sick under the hood
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012
PONY Member

I've never seen an aftermarket throttle body add more than 2 or 3 h.p. on a n/a 3 v. The stock unit flows as much as the engine can handle. They do make the car run likd crap though; seems aftermarket units are hard go tune.

JLT series 3 c.a.i., detroit rocker cams, various tunes, roush front fascia w/chin spoiler.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick shift 1 View Post
Yep that's them right there. It says it's for ower 3vs. I can't see them adding a few poneys maby like 50 100hp. There's a vid of a Honda Ik I hate weed wakers but it has itb and made 382rwhp na k20 motor. And the guy from hot rod tv did a show where they had the new5.0 setup with these bad boys. I think these could make one serious n/a monster and look sick under the hood
dont know about how much hp it would add, but yeah, you would definately get a lot of "WTF?!s" every time you popped the hood. i too wonder what becomes of the MAF sensor with that setup. i bet the price is halfway to s/c territory too.

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
PONY Member

Here's a throttle body stack on a 5-liter ..

Video: A Coyote 5.0 With Individual Throttle Bodies Hits 8,200 RPM - StangTV

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT, Forged 4.6L Roush TVS and other stuff ... The modding shall never end ...

Wife's car ... 2014 Sterling Gray Premium GT 401A, stock for now ..
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS View Post
...... i bet the price is halfway to s/c territory too.
Have ever bought anything from Kinsler? I have. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if that 8 throttle body setup with manifold, rails and injectors is $8000.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 908ssp View Post
Have ever bought anything from Kinsler? I have. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if that 8 throttle body setup with manifold, rails and injectors is $8000.
i was being very optimistic with that figure..... i dont doubt what you said for a second, 908:nogrinner

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thats a pretty cool video the motor made 620 hp and 450 tq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page