Best Supercharger/Turbocharger for 2007 Mustang GT - Page 5 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
OK, ok.. Busted... Damn, nothing gets by you does it!! :p I was really alluding to a PD vs a Centri just in general but ok, since you called me out on it yeah it does just fine on the street and pretty sure it will be fine on a road course too. I've yet to test that one for myself but I keep threatening that the day is coming.
Yeah, you may get a Cenri to run a little cooler but the conditions are what they are.

Quote:
Speaking of massive cooling, I seem to remember us talking about a prototype coolant reservoir w/ a big boy pump once upon a time. Where did you ever end up with that?
Testing is completed. We have 4 cars that have been running them. I'm working with the production guys right now on getting the "for sale" ready.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
That's the thing though, you don't need to build the lower end if you stay under 500rwhp.

If you are going to build the motor and put a blower on you will be WAY over $10,000 unless you go "full budget" on everything, and I mean everything.

Just a blower and a shortblock is $10K, and there is still a LOT of stuff you will spend money on before you are done (head studs are $400 alone!)

Sounds like you are a lot closer to a daily driver than a race car.

Sounds to me like you need to think as far ahead as you can and decide if you want to run a 450-500hp setup with a stock motor and stay under $10K (actually you could do this for about $3500-4000). Or do a full build on your motor and go for about 600hp (there is almost zero cost difference between 501 and 600hp) but spend $15-18K.

There is a "Midway" option to make some pretty good power that doesn't break the bank though. To make it affordable (under $10K) you will need to do the majority of the work yourself though. Here is the "budget" 575-600hp formula:

Stock block
Stock heads
Stock cams
Forged pistons
Forged rods
Stock crank
Off Road mid-pipe
Mufflers
Stock GT500 blower
DOB GT450 intake manifold
8 rib belt drive
Decent size heat exchanger
20gpm intercooler pump
GT500 or dual Aeromotive 340lph fuel pumps
Stock GT500 injectors
Clutch
and obviously a long list of small things

The above will allow you to make up to 600rwhp and it could be done for under $10K.

Think hard. I know a LOT of people (me included) that enjoyed their cars a LOT more at 450hp than 600-750hp. Almost everyone I know making big power regrets it. It's just not worth the time and money.
Sqidd,

What if you just want ~450rwhp.

I just got my 07 gt and I'm waffling between some bolt ons or save up for a supercharger, but I do not want to forge the internals nor do I want to blow the motor. For the foreseeable future, this will be a daily driver with little track time. I would like to challenge a stock vet from time to time.:smilie

What are your reccomendations?

MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I can tell you that Saleen blowers run pretty warm around town, but I am running a bit more boost than most. Once get it going and out of traffic then the temps drop. The intercooler resivoir and heat exchangers that come with them is a joke. I've replaced all of it with what should have been installed to begin with, but the temps are still a bit more than I would like. But it does hit hard down low and just seems to pull forever. I know mine would hit a stock GTs rev limiter before it signs off. At some point I will most likely get the DOB manifold and see what a 4.0 Whipple can do.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate

MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
Speaking of massive cooling, I seem to remember us talking about a prototype coolant reservoir w/ a big boy pump once upon a time. Where did you ever end up with that?
I've seen the system and it is sweet, I want Sqidd's heat exchanger on my car as well.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjenningsuf View Post
Sqidd,

What if you just want ~450rwhp.

I just got my 07 gt and I'm waffling between some bolt ons or save up for a supercharger, but I do not want to forge the internals nor do I want to blow the motor. For the foreseeable future, this will be a daily driver with little track time. I would like to challenge a stock vet from time to time.:smilie

What are your reccomendations?

You canít beat the Department Of Boost kit for 450-500rwhp. The $$/HP ratio is IMPOSSIBLE to touch with any other mod/blower/etc. And you can drive the car for 100K miles at 450hp with that setup.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

What is the DOB capable of for max HP?

2013 GT Premium A/T 5.0
2006 Mustang GT premium A/T Sold
1990 Mustang GT Sold

2003 Kawasaki Mean Streak Modded to death and Fast The Torque Monster SOLD!!!!
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTStang90 View Post
What is the DOB capable of for max HP?
Donít know yet. The limit is the blower, the manifold is good for 1400+. Right now we are guessing in the 600hp range with the stock GT500 blower.

One customer just built his motor and has his turned up pretty good but they havenít made any dyno runs yet, there still tuning. He is running the GT500 blower until the motor is broken in and all the support systems (cooling, fuel, etc) check out then he is switching it out for a stock 2013 GT500 TVS2300 blower and going for big numbers. That could make over 700hp pretty easy.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page