suspension question 07 gt/cs - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

suspension question 07 gt/cs

2007 gt/cs. Stock wheels and tires (18"). I want to lower the car.
How low can i go in the front and back without them hitting the wheel wells (turning/potholes/etc)? I want sufficient clearence but also a lower car.
Thanks in advance,

2008 mustang gt/cs-vista blue
3.55s, tru fiber carbon fiber hood,halo tinted lights, sequential tailights, mgw short throw, eibach springs, bmr upper/lower control arms,tinted window, C and L cold air,OBX long tubes,off road h, magnaflow exhaust, dyno tune.
Pro Charger has been ordered!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-02-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have the frpp k springs. 1 inch in front, 1.5 in the back, no problems here. Still on stock 18s polished bullets.you will want to upgrade shocks,struts,and get the gt500 strut mounts, and get an adjustable PanHard bar as well. No reason to have to take stuff apart like this more than once if you can avoid it.

2007 Grabber Orange GT Premium, 5 sp Manual,CDC Sequentials, 18 inch Polished wheels, Corsa Xtremes,FRPP Suspension,BMR Adj. PHB and Brace,Hurst Comp. Plus Billet STS, Steeda UDP's, JLT CAI
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012
GT Member

On my coupe I have the FRPP "P" springs: -0.75 front, -1.0 rear. No interferences with 285-40 tires on 18x9.5 rims. They are a bit more bouncy than stock springs, but not as bouncy as the "K" or similar springs. "Bouncy" is part of "lower".

ADDED: 2014 GT 5.0A conv. black: electronics, comfort, security, CA plate (FLICK U); assembled 06-13-2014, delivered 09-25-2014; odometer today (03-21-2016) 4,321.5(--> DELETED --> 2013 5.06M coupe, black:: Odo LAST day (09-25-2014) 7,975) (--> DELETED --> 2008 GT/CS: Odo LAST day (10-22-2012): 9,719.3; #2075 of 2509 convertibles, #560 of 718 in Ebony. 2009 GT/CS: Odo last day (09-08-2012): 12,000.1; #34 of 1705 coupes, #3 of 377 in Performance White. <-- DELETED <--)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinthedream View Post
2007 gt/cs. Stock wheels and tires (18"). I want to lower the car.
How low can i go in the front and back without them hitting the wheel wells (turning/potholes/etc)? I want sufficient clearence but also a lower car.
Thanks in advance,
You won't have any clearance issues on the stock wheels and tires. You could put air bags on the car and drop it literally to the ground. No problem.

However, the general consensus is that if you go lower than a 1.5" drop, it significantly degrades the handling and ride quality. UPR Pro Springs offer a 1.5" drop and they have a Lifetime Warranty.

2005-2012 Ford Mustang GT V6 UPR Pro Series Kit Lowering Springs by Eibach at UPR Products - Lifetime Warranty!

^^I have them on my car and I love em.

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page