I've been doing my research and read what many have posted on this. I was a bit nervous since I have 85k miles on my orig plugs so was very concerned that one or more might break. I didn't want to spend the money on the Lisle tool if I didn't have to, so I made sure the local Napa had one in stock before I started.
This is how I did it:
I ran about half a can of Sea Foam through the PCV Hose while the engine was running.
With the engine still hot I pulled the coils and backed out the spark plugs 1/4 turn.
Then I sprayed enough SeaFoam Deep Creep to get to the bottom of the porcelain. Basicly I figured a 2 flank attack on the plugs with Sea Foam to allow it to disolve the carbon.
Then, over the next 2 hours, I would slightly loosen, slightly tighten, then slightly loosen the plug and apply a bit more Deep Creep every 30 min.
While I did this, I changed the oil, replaced the fuel filter, and cleaned my air filter.
After the 2 hours, SUCCESS!! I was able to get all 8 out without any breakage. There was conciderable carbon on the plugs, but with the Sea Foam, it was all disolved and just slimey on the tip.
After removing all the plugs, and all the excess Deep Creep drained into the engine, I cranked the engine a bit to prevent hydrolock.
I then proceded to replace them all with a set of Brisk plugs, and even tho they are one piece plugs, I still put some anti-seize on the tips.
The reason I went with the Deep Creep was due to the fact that not only is it a penatrating fluid, but Sea Foam is known for its ability to disolve carbon, also, I knew it would not damage the engine when I allowed it all to drain in from the plug.
To cap it all off, when I started the engine afterward, the cloud that came out of my exhaust was much bigger then when I have Sea Foamed the engine following their recomended procedure.
Hope this helps.