Baer Decelerotor Brake Rotors - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Baer Decelerotor Brake Rotors

I bought 4 baer decelerators brake rotors for my car on June 6th, 2011. I store my car for the winter and brought it out this year noticing that the left rear has rust on the lower band and in the drilled portion of the rotor. I called baer and asked them what their warranty on their rotors was they explained 3 months or 90 days on warping. I asked them about rust. I was directed to custumer service of which I had to leave a message on a voice mail. I did this on Tuesday, May 8th. Still have not heard back from them. Has anyone had the same experience with BAER.

2007 Shelby GT black with silver stripes, 4.10 rear end, kooks LT headers and catted x-pipe,SSS terminator mufflers, LCA, adj UCA,adj panhard bar, 18" cobra r chrome rims, Baer Decelerotors front and rear with chrome braided brake lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012
Apprentice

All of them rust if they sit. They come with a coating that will keep them from rusting on the shelf. Some are painted. Bit the first time you get them hot it will burn it off and can rust after sitting for long time. Won't affect it or the performance of it. If it bothers you that much you can remove it and dip it in a rust removal solution and it will look new again.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012
Apprentice

By the way the reason that one rusted is probably due to moisture was getting into the storage building in that corner of the room. Don't take much

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

It's just surface rust and nothing to worry about..!! Actually, I have found that My Baer Decela Rotors are the best I have ever had for not having a lot of surface rust after sitting or stored. I have esentially none at all compared to others i have had......

2007 Black on Black, GT 6 Speed
B326 (5.3L) Built Stroker,FRPP CNC PORTED Heads,Kooks LT's,Hi-Flow Catted H,Aluminum Drive Shaft,4:10 Gears,Tokico, Eibach Pro,Nitto 555R,,UCA/LCA, ,HotRod Cams,FRPP 62mm TB,Whipple HO-Intercooled SC,GT-500 Dual Fuel Pumps,Steeda-Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive System,15 psi, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch, Moroso 7qt oil pan. Tremec T56 Magnum XL 6 Speed
Plus more...
709 RWHP/712 RWTQ
Mustang Dyno
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012
S197 Mustang Owner
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to hotshot
Clean the rust off then paint them with black brake caliper paint but ensure it wont contact the brake pad. This will help keep that clean look to it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Stage 0 E-Force #402 Supercharger, Brenspeed Tune (435/400), GT500 Fuel pump, Clutch Delete Option, Roush Front Fascia, Brembos, California Dream Hood, Qwitch latch flush mount hood pins, MRT Light Bar, J&M LCA's, BMR UCA, UPR catch can, 6000k, Pypes Bombs, Pypes X-pipe, Airbrushed Flame pieces under the hood, Clear corners, GT500 shocks , FRPP P-springs (rear), BMR Adj Panhard, E-Force engine covers
2012 Ford Focus SEL 5Dr with MyFordTouch, Auto-Park, 303A Package,

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I thought I would attach a picture for all to see.

Baer Decelerotor Brake Rotors-2012-05-08_14-01-21_482.jpg

2007 Shelby GT black with silver stripes, 4.10 rear end, kooks LT headers and catted x-pipe,SSS terminator mufflers, LCA, adj UCA,adj panhard bar, 18" cobra r chrome rims, Baer Decelerotors front and rear with chrome braided brake lines.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have the same rotors now for about 3 months. I lived in an area when the humidity is +75% all of the time, and I have not experienced any rust issues. These rotors are supposed to have a zinc coating all around, however, there was a time where these rotors were sitting on a shelf in someones warehouse for a while , some were even being shipped with rust on them.

The Baer decelerator line of products is now owned by Baer Holdings, and from the looks and lack of a website, I would say they don't have their s__t together.

Try contacting Rick at Baer - [email protected], he helped me out when I has some brake pad questions.

good luck!

2008 Metallic Alloy GT Convertible Premium
Show :
black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler
Go:
FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRob504 View Post
I have the same rotors now for about 3 months. I lived in an area when the humidity is +75% all of the time, and I have not experienced any rust issues. These rotors are supposed to have a zinc coating all around, however, there was a time where these rotors were sitting on a shelf in someones warehouse for a while , some were even being shipped with rust on them.

The Baer decelerator line of products is now owned by Baer Holdings, and from the looks and lack of a website, I would say they don't have their s__t together.

Try contacting Rick at Baer - [email protected], he helped me out when I has some brake pad questions.

good luck!

I've e-mailed him several times and never had a return e-mail, and also called baer several times, when you get them on the phone they want to talk to you about buying brakes from them, and then when you ask them about warranty issues from rust they send you to customer service, who you can never talk to just leave a message. I've left a message numerous times with phone number to call me have never heard from them. I doubt if I would buy any Baer brakes or accessories again.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

Man that sucks, I guess eventually we will all be buying parts from Chinese manufacturers.

2008 Metallic Alloy GT Convertible Premium
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler
Go:
FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chump View Post
I thought I would attach a picture for all to see.

Attachment 155275
Mine look about the same. I hardly ever use the car and it sits in the garage. I live 1/4 mile from the ocean too.

2005 GT coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page