SHR louvers install help in Los Angeles - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

SHR louvers install help in Los Angeles

Hey everyone. My wife got me a pair of the SHR louvers and I am having an incredibly hard time finding someone that'll install them for me at a resonable price. Does anybody in the LA/OC/IE know of a shop that'll get these installed? I have a 2010 Mustang GT. thanks in advance guys for the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012
PONY Member

I always found the guy in the mirror to be best installer in town.

JLT series 3 c.a.i., detroit rocker cams, various tunes, roush front fascia w/chin spoiler.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangdave2008 View Post
I always found the guy in the mirror to be best installer in town.
I just don't have the time. I'd much rather have a shop handle it for me. Plus I live in an apartment and don't have anywhere to do the install. I know it really doesn't take much but still...

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012
PONY Member

Aren't most of the quarter panel louvers attached with double sided adhesive tape?

Even if it required drilling, go to Lowes and buy a $30 drill motor and $10.00 worth of drill bits. How hard can it be?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang06girl View Post
Aren't most of the quarter panel louvers attached with double sided adhesive tape?

Even if it required drilling, go to Lowes and buy a $30 drill motor and $10.00 worth of drill bits. How hard can it be?
The SHR louvers require the quarter window to be completely removed and replaced by the louver itself. Also since I have a 2010 about 3/4 of the plastic panel needs to be cut to fit the louver. I know it sounds like a pain but they look great once installed. It gives the stang a more classic look.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephencovar View Post
The SHR louvers require the quarter window to be completely removed and replaced by the louver itself. Also since I have a 2010 about 3/4 of the plastic panel needs to be cut to fit the louver. I know it sounds like a pain but they look great once installed. It gives the stang a more classic look.
I've got quarter window louvers as well, but the window is still in tact, and no trimming was required. This is the first I've heard of having to remove the window and trim the interior panles for installing a set. Are they painted?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012
Apprentice

He is talking about the shr flush quater windows. It requires taking out tbe quater windows cleaning all the goop from stock window, removeing the interior and triming it. And getting it all in without leaking.... Find a glass shop my friend. I wouldn't try this unless you have a grague to put the car in to work on. Just my opinion. But they do look choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page