Thinking of getting an offroad X - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_55_not View Post
Well, Not raspy in your 2nd-3rd gear sound test it does sound like a trumpeting when you pass that car, I'll admit I call that Braaapppp sound trumpeting which it may not actually be..

Other than that, your exhaust does sound good WFO ..

Mine OToH sounds like crap to me,, although everybody sez it sounds good to them ..

2010 Mustang Bassani X Pipe 1 - YouTube

It is loud but has no tone, I dunno' if a 12" resonator will deepen the tone enough , I may go 16 ..

Damn dude, your car sounds angry, especially at 0:37. Curious though on what kinda catback/axle back you have.

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Well, Not raspy in your 2nd-3rd gear sound test it does sound like a trumpeting when you pass that car, I'll admit I call that Braaapppp sound trumpeting which it may not actually be..
Yeah, now that I listen to it closely I can hear what you are talking about. I never noticed it in real life though (Iím in the car for one thing). I donít think the cameras record the exhaust very accurately either. And most speakers certainly wonít re-produce them well. In my case you canít hear the low frequency stuff on video. And those lows balance/cancel out some of the ďtrumpetingĒ that you can hear. And of course putting the camera 2 feet away from the tailpipes will produce a different sound than what you would hear inside the car or if it drove by.

I have a friend coming by later that has a camera with a pretty good mic. Were probably going to do some fly byís. I wonder how they will sound.

Quote:
Mine OToH sounds like crap to me,, although everybody sez it sounds good to them ..
I donít want to come off as meanÖ..but I agree with you. It sounds like crap! It sounds like a Flowmaster with a big leak.:nogrinner

What is your setup again? Headers? X-pipe? Mufflers? Iím going to guess itís mostly in the mufflers.

My friend who just put in resonators used 12Ē jobbies, they didnít do a whole lot. I would go at least 16Ē. Iím not sure resonators are going to change that sound/tone a whole lot though.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
Yeah, now that I listen to it closely I can hear what you are talking about. I never noticed it in real life though (Iím in the car for one thing). I donít think the cameras record the exhaust very accurately either. And most speakers certainly wonít re-produce them well. In my case you canít hear the low frequency stuff on video. And those lows balance/cancel out some of the ďtrumpetingĒ that you can hear. And of course putting the camera 2 feet away from the tailpipes will produce a different sound than what you would hear inside the car or if it drove by.

I have a friend coming by later that has a camera with a pretty good mic. Were probably going to do some fly byís. I wonder how they will sound.

I donít want to come off as meanÖ..but I agree with you. It sounds like crap! It sounds like a Flowmaster with a big leak.:nogrinner

What is your setup again? Headers? X-pipe? Mufflers? Iím going to guess itís mostly in the mufflers.

My friend who just put in resonators used 12Ē jobbies, they didnít do a whole lot. I would go at least 16Ē. Iím not sure resonators are going to change that sound/tone a whole lot though.

Your not being mean,, Yer' right it sounded like ch!t ..

I was running FRPP Shorty Headers (I know shoulda' went LT's but these were ceramic coated and cheap) Bassani O/R X pipe and Saleen Heritage mufflers made by Edelbrock .. (again cheap and but they have absolutely ZERO drone)

I dicked around with it this afternoon, I reinstalled my old over the axle pipes that I had a 20" glasspack installed last year, Yer' right again, they didn't do anything for the tone 'cept quieten the idle .. The rasp was still embarrassingly bad .

So ... I yanked the Saleens and reinstalled my Boomtubes, That changed the tone entirely,, Stil raspy but at least it has a deeper tone and doesn't sound like a 600hp 2-cycle Weed Eater ...

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...id=78JpcEI-6U4

Now,, it's more like a pissed off 4-cycle weed eater ,,,,,

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT, Forged 4.6L Roush TVS and other stuff ... The modding shall never end ...

Wife's car ... 2014 Sterling Gray Premium GT 401A, stock for now ..

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

When I clicked on the link, it went nowhere so I just went on your other video that you uploaded on here and went to your new video to put on here. Hope you dont mind!

By the way, talk about mashing through the gears!

Bassani X Pipe BoomTube+GlasPac to 120 - YouTube

2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Your not being mean,, Yer' right it sounded like ch!t ..

I was running FRPP Shorty Headers (I know shoulda' went LT's but these were ceramic coated and cheap) Bassani O/R X pipe and Saleen Heritage mufflers made by Edelbrock .. (again cheap and but they have absolutely ZERO drone)

I dicked around with it this afternoon, I reinstalled my old over the axle pipes that I had a 20" glasspack installed last year, Yer' right again, they didn't do anything for the tone 'cept quieten the idle .. The rasp was still embarrassingly bad .

So ... I yanked the Saleens and reinstalled my Boomtubes, That changed the tone entirely,, Stil raspy but at least it has a deeper tone and doesn't sound like a 600hp 2-cycle Weed Eater ...

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...id=78JpcEI-6U4

Now,, it's more like a pissed off 4-cycle weed eater ,,,,,
That sounds a LOT better. I agree it could still use something, but a lot better.

Man oh man those 4.10ís donít last long!:kooky:

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Wait, you have 4.10s on there too? Should've look at the signature.. Damn. When I get my DoB setup, I'm gonna have to remind myself to replace my 4.10s with 3.73s!

SheizaSoSay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Gone View Post
Wait, you have 4.10s on there too? Should've look at the signature.. Damn. When I get my DoB setup, I'm gonna have to remind myself to replace my 4.10s with 3.73s!

Start this video at about 4:38 and check out their "traction control". I am scared to think of the cost, but how cool would it be to have like 0 psi in first, 4 psi in 2nd, and then crank it out for rest of the gears? Of course you would have to have a seriously rigged up electric motor operated bypass valve on the blower, but I can dream. Shelby CODE RED Street Test. Tom Nelson of NRE. NRE TV. - YouTube
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09VistaBlueGT View Post
But I was curious how much the noise level will increase over the stock H. Right now I have a Flowtech axleback ( which doesn't seem too popular, but I like it) and stock manifolds. So can anyone tell me how noisy/ raspy my car will be if I go ahead with it? Thanks!

I can't speak for Flowtech axlebacks, but I have the stock manifolds, UPR off-road x, and GT500 mufflers. It's very mild, but it made a nice improvement in power.

4.6L 3V Mustang GT with UPR off-road x-pipe - YouTube

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page