2010 Borla Stingers on 2009 Mustang? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

2010 Borla Stingers on 2009 Mustang?

I've searched through every thread on this forum, and everyone says the only difference between 2005-2009 and 2010 GT exhausts is the tips on the 2010 are one inch longer. I have an 09 mustang and a guy offered me a great deal on his 2010 GT Borla stingers with 2500 miles on them. The borlas and ford racing are the only exhausts listed on american muscle as two separate ones. Any thoughts? Also, I emailed borla and was told that "there are differences" but thats it.

2009 Mustang V6 Torch Red Manual - 19" Staggered Machined Flat Black AMR Wheels with Sumitomo HTRZIII ll Full Eibach Sport Suspension System (Sportline Springs, Shocks/Dampers) ll True Duals to Ford Racing FR500s Mufflers ll CDC Chin Spoiler ll GT500 Spoiler ll 8000K HIDS ll Blackout Panel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012
PONY Member

From what I've read, Borla makes the Stingers for FRPP. The extra cost is probably just for the FRPP name.

Jim T.
Present: 2018 Mustang GT (MT): Shadow Black

Past: 2007 Mustang GT Premium (MT), 2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

To my knowledge, yes the only difference is the length of the tips, because of the new "diaper" ah errr I mean "lower valance" on the 2010. I believe the hangers and clamps are exactly the same . . . but I cannot say that 100% for sure because I have not actually tried a 2009 muffler on my 2010 car becasue I didn't want a melted diaper, it looks saggy enough as it is . . .

As you say, some companies sell the same exhaust for the 2009 and 2010 so that is a good clue that the hangers and clamps are the same.

So you should be able to use them but the tips will stick out a bit more than normal . . . I'm not sure if that will look goofy or cool. If the guy is local maybe you can get him to agree to take them back if you don't like the way they fit when you install them? It is about 1/2 hour per side the first time you do it, quicker the second, third, and so on.

It is hard to find good deals on 2010 exhaust parts . . . I suggest you buy the 2010 Borlas, resell them on here at a profit, and then buy the 2009's instead.

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

Last edited by JBert; 05-21-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: typo and more

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

HEY AS U CAN SEE USE TOO HAVE 2007 GT CS WITH THE BORLA STINGERS. LOSS CAR IN 2008 KEPT EXHAUST AND PUT IT ON MY BRAND NEW 2010 BACK IN SEPT OF 09. I ALREADY HAVE 30K ON MY STANG NOW AND THE EXHAUST WORKS PERFECT THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WAS THAT THE EXHAUST TIPS WERENT LONG ENOUGH. EXACTLY WHAT EVERYONE SAID. FITS PERFECT ON THE 05-09 BUT IT IS ACTUALLY FLUSHED WITH MY BACK BUMBER ON THE 2010. BUT I HAVE NO BURN DAMAGE OR ANY PROMBLEMS AT ALL . I RECOMMEND GETTING THEM.

Mustangguy
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012
GT Member

Every 2010+ axle back I've seen had a different hanger setup and different connection at the over axle pipe than the '05-09s did...

'05 Mustang GT Premium
CMS Stage 1 cams, C&L Racer, Lito tune, Jeg's oil sep, CMDP, SR UDP's, JBA stainless LT's & catted H, Magnaflow resonators, MBRP axle back, BMR springs, Koni STR.T, BMR LCA's & backets, J&M upper & mount, J&M Al panhard, DIY panhard brace, Steeda Tri-Ax, smoked corners, Raxiom Vector tails, Brembos, S550 GT Premium wheels, 2010+ door panels
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-22-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghunt View Post
Every 2010+ axle back I've seen had a different hanger setup and different connection at the over axle pipe than the '05-09s did...
I am 99.9% sure you are thinking of the 2011+ system ; they changed the clamping system and hangers for 2011 but they were the same in 2010

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page