100 shot of nitrous on 08 GT. Good or bad? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member

100 shot of nitrous on 08 GT. Good or bad?

I am thinking of adding some nitrous. I am wanting some extra HP from time to time. What are the pros (if any) or cons?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012
PONY Member

the 100 shot for the 3V is probably the most common. i also believe (from memory) that you won't need any real upgrades/supporting mods with it. about all you'll need is a tune, but that is pretty much just removing 2 degree's of timing for each 50 shot. so for 100 shot you're looking at your regular daily tune minus 4 degree's.

pro's: cheap, simple install, can use an email tune (i'd still want a dyno tune), isn't being used unless you want it.

con's: one night at the track w/a few runs and the bottle will be empty (from what i hear), isn't always there like a blower, illegal to have an open bottle driving around town (might be illegal to have it hooked up?).

a complete kit w/ ALL the accessories will be over a grand. that's of course if you buy new.

if you think you'll use it all the time (daily almost) then i think you'd be better off just getting a blower or turbo. you can get a blower or turbo for about 3k

Heads, Cams, Edelbrock Eforce, 4.10 & true-trac, TR6060 trans, DSS driveshaft, Full BMR suspension, tokico d-specs, eibach pro kit springs
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012
PONY Member

supercharger or a turbo is a much better option plus you get to use it whenever you want.

Whipple S/C 550 HO kit, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP springs, Steeda Spyder 20x9 and 20x11, BMR LCAs, BMR ReLo Brackets, Front and Rear CShelby Sway bars, Hurst Billet Shifter, Custom Dyno Tune, MRT O/R H pipe, Borla Stingers

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member

Thanks for the info. I didn't know it wes illegal to have the bottle open around town. Not much point in having it if you can't have it ready whenever when you want it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page