Bassani o/r x pypes mid muffler - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Bassani o/r x pypes mid muffler

I was debating on getting pypes mid muffler do to the deep thoaty sound it puts out, ive seen videos on youtube with pypes o/r x and was wondering if its going to be the same with my bassani o/r x, all straight pipes though the mid pipe should sound the same right? Do you think i should be good with the smell with cops and everything?

2009 Mustang GT bassani catted x, pypes muffler deletes, bbk cai, sct-x3 tune 301 rwhp 320 rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Most, if not all O/R X pipes sound the same, although to me Pypes O/R X pipes seems a little more raspy in my ears, but that's probably just because I've only heard Pypes X Pipes on youtube. I think you're making a good decision getting a Bassani O/R X, I'm getting the Bassani O/R X as well but with the removable cats (getting the cats for when we start to get emissions around here).

I'm sure you already know but I'll just say it anyway, an O/R X and the mid mufflers will be LOUD, but I like that kinda loud too, so go ahead with it!

I wouldnt worry too much about the cops, my girlfriend has an O/R X on her Mustang and the cops never pay attention. Although she doesnt race around town like the average GT owners here, so she doesnt draw much attention either. However, if you do get pulled over by the cops, a word of advice (that I was told) is to turn off your car. But unless a serious **** of a cop pulls you over, I wouldnt worry too much. Do you have emissions testing where you live?

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I have a bassani catted x In now, I have the same thing your getting now with the cat deletes, I also have pypes muffler deletes on now, I just want more tone and deeper, yes we have emissions

2009 Mustang GT bassani catted x, pypes muffler deletes, bbk cai, sct-x3 tune 301 rwhp 320 rwtq

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I bought the bassani x with cats and deletes, tried the o/r x with my muff deletes, and immediately put the cats on it, was hoping with the mid muffler it would be tamed at least and it is, very deep and throaty like the 99-04 stangs, and how I like my girls lol. But seriously the o/r x,!pypes mid muffler sounds amazing, best combo on s197's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page