Alternate Oil Pressure Sensor Install Location at rear of cylinder head -2007 GT - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Alternate Oil Pressure Sensor Install Location at rear of cylinder head -2007 GT

Everyone seems to mount their autometer oil pressure gauge sensor near the factory location by the oil filter with a T, but I already had a T their for my turbo kit as that is where my turbo gets it's oil. So when I recently installed my oil pressure gauge I wanted a different location that is not so tight. I saw autometer mentioned another location on the drivers side near the back of the engine from the topside, at the rear of the cylinder head. Sure enough, you just remove the plug with an allen wrench, and add one fitting from your local harware store (get a 3/8" npt "brass 90 degree street elbow" and use autometer reducer that came with the gauge), and presto...done! See my pic of the sensor installed (taken from under the hood). A small mechanics mirror is helpful to use to see the port. Also don't forget to use teflon tape. You will need to install just the street elbow into the motor by itself, then it is best to install autometer's included adapter to the sensor, and then screw in the sensor to the 90 elbow.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oil pressure sensor.JPG
Views:	7095
Size:	505.8 KB
ID:	156503  

2007 Black Turbocharged 450 rwHP GT-CS
Show : Seibon CD carbon fiber hood| 20" black ice wheels| Raxion smoked taillights | chrome billet grilles | Roush rear spoiler | Shelby Hood Pins | Agent 47 mirrors | 5 Cobalt Gauges w/ CDC & SOS pods
Go: Turbonetics turbo kit 60mm 9psi (self installed) | FR shortie's | MSD Coilovers | BBK Throttle Body | Pypes ss Violators | Eibach springs | Tokico D-spec struts/shocks | Hurst shifter | 4.10 gear | Hawk HPS Pads | Hurst line lock | Nitto NT05R Tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Here's a pic of my new Cobalt gauges I just finished installing.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dash Pic.JPG
Views:	3628
Size:	453.0 KB
ID:	156523  

2007 Black Turbocharged 450 rwHP GT-CS
Show : Seibon CD carbon fiber hood| 20" black ice wheels| Raxion smoked taillights | chrome billet grilles | Roush rear spoiler | Shelby Hood Pins | Agent 47 mirrors | 5 Cobalt Gauges w/ CDC & SOS pods
Go: Turbonetics turbo kit 60mm 9psi (self installed) | FR shortie's | MSD Coilovers | BBK Throttle Body | Pypes ss Violators | Eibach springs | Tokico D-spec struts/shocks | Hurst shifter | 4.10 gear | Hawk HPS Pads | Hurst line lock | Nitto NT05R Tires
Old 05-28-2012
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Interior looks NICE. I love how you have the guage cluster matching the color of the guage pods.

My theroy is if you want to do something good, might as well make it look good to.

Old 09-16-2012
Apprentice

Smile

As I intend to add Autometer gauges in my 2005 Mustang, I found your thread very interesting and as I would like to put the oil sensor at the rear of the cylinder head, can you tell me the exact size of the allen wrench used to remove the 3/8 plug ? Thanks for your help !!!

Mustang 05 GT Sceaming Yellow, manual. Steeda CAI + Predator Bamachip tunes, CMDP, Underdrive Pulley,
Eibach Pro springs, Tokico D spec,Camber plates Steeda Adj Panhard bar + brace, Front G brace, Uca + Lca's & relocation brakets, oil separator, hood pins. FRPP GTA muffler, Saleen HID Headlights & short throw shifter. Steeda 18" Pentar wheels with 255/45/18 front, 275/40/18 back, sequential tail lights.
Old 09-17-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhiggipop View Post
Here's a pic of my new Cobalt gauges I just finished installing.
Looks just like my Cobalt gauges!

I like the mounting location for the oil pres sensor. I may move mine to that location.

Do you have a water temp guage by chance, and if you do, where did you put the temp sensor, and what does it typically read?
Old 09-18-2012
Rookie

That is a good option but remember that readings will be lower than in the other location.

MDS
tudyno.com
Old 09-19-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Looks like a good option with the Cobalt set. I used Nexus and have had nothing but problems with them.

Victor
2007 Foose Stallion "The Prowler"
FRPP Polished Whipple SC - 8lb boost, FRPP Hot Rod Cams (M-6550-3V), FRPP Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers, FRPP Tuned Racing Suspension, MagnaFlow Magnapack Catback, Steeda TriAx, Nexus Series - AFM, Vac/Boost, Fuel Pressure, Speed of Sound Dash Pod, Raptor Blue LED Shift Light. 425 RWHP 387 TQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in