Spoiler shortage stop my 05 Mustang from coming.... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Spoiler shortage stop my 05 Mustang from coming....

Well I just got word from my dealer that my 05 Mustang GT Sonic Blue was delayed b/c the factory is out of spoilers!! Ford won't release the car with out the spoiler. Needless to say I'm a little pissed I was supposed to have my car before Christmas but now they are saying early January! Is this true or is my dealer just blowing smoke up my @ss?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Until the other day i had not heard that one.

But now your the 3rd.....in here and on another site today i read that it was true , they were short because of an unestimated number of v6 sport upgrades(mustangtk in the questions about...... thread i believe)
on another site someone said they stopped the v6s with the upgrade to fill the backed up GT orders.

That was what i read today.....can't say for sure whether any of it, is 100% acurate.
THIS IS...unless he lied...I talked to my dealer yesterday ... he said there are no hold ups on my order according to his computer..... and I have a spoiler and mycolor dash (which is another potential hold up)....but he won't have dates until next week..... probably.
BELIEVE ME ...I feel your pain...I won't believe any dealers or posters competely ...until my baby is home safe.

BLACK on BLACK 05 Premium GT
Magnaflow catted X pipe -- Magnaflow catbacks

1967 Hardtop Restomod Project
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINO ONE
Well I just got word from my dealer that my 05 Mustang GT Sonic Blue was delayed b/c the factory is out of spoilers!! Ford won't release the car with out the spoiler. Needless to say I'm a little pissed I was supposed to have my car before Christmas but now they are saying early January! Is this true or is my dealer just blowing smoke up my @ss?
Beg, Beg for the spoiler delete! - aftermarket ones will be better and car is way sharp w/o it (look at Bullitt Mustangs) - you can have the stocker off my 96 if you want..

I'm back - 2001 Cobra convertible, 84K miles, acquired 12/10/11; just beginning to figure out what it needs to be right (beyond the leaky top..) - top to be done 12/27. Changed the coolant, <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>. fluid, oil, differential fluid. Replaced the LF wheel hub assy. Ordered a pair of Blisteins for the rear. Next up: full-length subs, strut brace, stainless brake hoses F&R and a bunch of FatMat.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004 Thread Starter
S197 Member

I can't they told me plain out and simple they cannot release the car with out the spoiler. I wanted them to deliver the car and then they could put it on after if it wanted it !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball
Beg, Beg for the spoiler delete! - aftermarket ones will be better and car is way sharp w/o it (look at Bullitt Mustangs) - you can have the stocker off my 96 if you want..
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004
S197 Member

no there not blowing smoke, there having a hard time filling orders, there also having trouble getting the interior upgrade package also, sit tight
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004
GT Member
4.6L Member

spoiler

Quote:
I can't they told me plain out and simple they cannot release the car with out the spoiler. I wanted them to deliver the car and then they could put it on after if it wanted it !!!
no, I really meant going for the spoiler delete option (it is an option); save the $300, get your car, and look at aftermarket spoilers/wings as they become available.

I'm back - 2001 Cobra convertible, 84K miles, acquired 12/10/11; just beginning to figure out what it needs to be right (beyond the leaky top..) - top to be done 12/27. Changed the coolant, <acronym title="transmission">trans</acronym>. fluid, oil, differential fluid. Replaced the LF wheel hub assy. Ordered a pair of Blisteins for the rear. Next up: full-length subs, strut brace, stainless brake hoses F&R and a bunch of FatMat.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004
Classic Member
S197 Member

the spoiler delete is no charge, then add a ducktail

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/photo...ort/1/cat/3256
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004 Thread Starter
S197 Member

I asked them to do that and they said they couldn't do it!!!!!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-26-2004
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I asked them to do that and they said they couldn't do it!!!!!
It is true that the deleat is an option and is free. But you don't get any credit for deleating it.
The problem in your case may be....since the order is processed by ford and serialized ...it may be just to late for you to change your order . Sorry

BLACK on BLACK 05 Premium GT
Magnaflow catted X pipe -- Magnaflow catbacks

1967 Hardtop Restomod Project
5.0L Member

of all things to be short of, why does it have to be a Spoilor. that is what is stoping all these buyers from getting theirt cars??? come on, can't they sent out the cars then send the spoilors when they get them in to the dealership you got it from. Then they could put it on for u, no charge???? makes sence to me.
4.6L Member

Unhappy spoiler hold up

It's probably not true maybe just a stratic move by ford to tease us and see how bad we want this car and then charge us more or to see how much interest there really is?

My Mustang is delayed too

Quote:
I ordered the same car that you did on October 20 and they told me the car would be here in six weeks, which would be around the middle of December.
As of yesterday (November 26) my car is on a Temp Hold, and has been in that status for at least three weeks, possibly longer.

So if my car doesn't have the delay lifted and scheduled for build it looks like I'm not going to see my car until sometime in January.
I talked to my dealer about removing the spoiler and they said that since the order is already at the plant they can't make any changes.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Same thing here!! Temp Hold WTF............... I really sick of this I just want my car I was hoping to see it before christmas but looks like late January they are saying now If you have a VIN your SOL on trying to get the spoiler delete opt. I tried my hardest and they told me that they could not release the car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McRann
I ordered the same car that you did on October 20 and they told me the car would be here in six weeks, which would be around the middle of December.
As of yesterday (November 26) my car is on a Temp Hold, and has been in that status for at least three weeks, possibly longer.

So if my car doesn't have the delay lifted and scheduled for build it looks like I'm not going to see my car until sometime in January.
I talked to my dealer about removing the spoiler and they said that since the order is already at the plant they can't make any changes.
S197 Member

Sorry to hear that Dino, I'm sure they will get going on them! Is anyone else having trouble concentrating after watching Dino's pic dance... :thumbup :smilie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page