Bama Tunes shifting issues - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Question Bama Tunes shifting issues

Hey all I have a 2005 GT auto and am having some troubles with my shifts after I loaded a tune from BAMA. I just wanted to know if this is normal because I had a tune from Diablosport and it was fine but the 02s were off. I went to BAMA and they gave me an emission friendly tune which was great but after loading my performance tune I am having some issues in low speeds with the shifts jerking in 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. The shifts are fine when I accelerate quickly but when at low speeds it jerks really bad. I have contacted Ryan at BAMA and he has tried about 3 times to correct it and now I have emailed him twice with no response. Am I being annoying about this? I just want to know if this is a normal thing with a performance tune. Thanks.

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

The most powerful car in the parking lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IansBAJ View Post
Hey all I have a 2005 GT auto and am having some troubles with my shifts after I loaded a tune from BAMA. I just wanted to know if this is normal because I had a tune from Diablosport and it was fine but the 02s were off. I went to BAMA and they gave me an emission friendly tune which was great but after loading my performance tune I am having some issues in low speeds with the shifts jerking in 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. The shifts are fine when I accelerate quickly but when at low speeds it jerks really bad. I have contacted Ryan at BAMA and he has tried about 3 times to correct it and now I have emailed him twice with no response. Am I being annoying about this? I just want to know if this is a normal thing with a performance tune. Thanks.
Sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your shifting. I know the Bama team will definitely get it squared away. They tune hundreds of 3V GT autos each week, and I'm guessing they missed your 4.10s or something small.

I forwarded your info along to the Bama team and they'll be getting in contact with you later today. Hang in there, we'll get it fixed for you. Sorry for the inconvenience, but you'll be enjoying your tunes in a few hours!

Chris

Chris Rose | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012
PONY Member

Yeah, it's normal. They adjusted your shift pressure so that it shifts faster. My car hits 2nd and 3rd hard when I'm just coasting around the mall, but it shifts firm and smooth when I'm around 3k. At WOT it shifts hard and chirps the tires going into 2nd.

Sent from my tiny computer.

BBK CAI, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers,SLP Hi-Flow Cats, Pypes X pipe and Violators, Shaftmaster's 3.5" DS, 4.10's w/ T-Lok, 93 R tune by BAMA, Diablosport Trinity Tuner, PATC 3000 RPM Stall Converter, Zex Nitrous 100 shot

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

That is great to hear thanks for the fast feedback I just wanted to make sure this isn't normal like I should be running my street tune all the time. I just figured I could run around town with my performance tune with no problems. If they forgot about the gears wouldn't my speedo be off?

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

The most powerful car in the parking lot.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012
PONY Member

You should request the hybrid tune. It gives you performance power, without the jerky throttle and race firmness shifting.

Sent from my tiny computer.

BBK CAI, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers,SLP Hi-Flow Cats, Pypes X pipe and Violators, Shaftmaster's 3.5" DS, 4.10's w/ T-Lok, 93 R tune by BAMA, Diablosport Trinity Tuner, PATC 3000 RPM Stall Converter, Zex Nitrous 100 shot
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012
Apprentice

it's normal , I run a performance 93 tune ,everyday as my daily driver , it shifts even harder in race mode .

06 GT ,Auto ,Muthr Thumpr Cams,BBK Shorties, Bassani O/R X Pipe , Bassani SS Axle backs , Bama93+Race Tune , JLT 110mm, BBK 62mm TB ,FRPP 3.73 , TCI 3000 stall, Alum. D.S. ,CMCV Delete Plates , ZEX 100 shot , Cervinis Eleanor Kit , Race Stars 15 x 10 w/ Mickeys 275/60/15 , Eibach Pro kit ,CHE rear upper and lower control arms , J & M Panhard Bar(Adjust.) P/B 60 ft 1.72
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page