Nickel anti-seiize really works on new plugs!!!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Nickel anti-seiize really works on new plugs!!!!

I just wanted to pass along that using nickel anti-seize on your new spark pulg when installing them really works well... I replaced my pulgs with HT1's ( yes the 2 piece ones) about 10,000 miles ago and these babys came out without any effort at all... No moans and groans no creaking... What a difference that stuff made... Just thought I'd pass alone my excitement...lol:laughlitt

I WISH I COULD GET RID OF THE KNOCKING NOISE IN MY FRONT END. I'M TIRED OF SPENDING MONEY ON IT... IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012
Banned

Yep.. I pull mine about every 15K and re coat them.. I've done it three times that way and have never cracked off a 2 piece plug.

However I switched up to the Brisk one piece this last time around making it a non-issue.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012
PONY Member

What have you used before the Nickel Anti seize?
Sounds cool, im using Copper-Anti Seize and have no Problems. But Maybe Nickel is Better..:?:

I told it, but no one was listening.

2010 Torch Red Mustang GT Coupe Auto, Premium, 400A Leather, Backup cam, Sport Springs
2007 Redfire Mustang V6 Coupe Auto, Tan Interior, FR Single Exhaust, FR CAI, FR PP Suspension,BAMA 91P
Black Merc. Benz E-Class Manual (Daily Driver) 47MPG, 215.000mi

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012
PONY Member

the stock plugs didn't have a nickle coated shield. the autolite ones do so they shouldn't have any issues anyway. this is all what i've read

Heads, Cams, Edelbrock Eforce, 4.10 & true-trac, TR6060 trans, DSS driveshaft, Full BMR suspension, tokico d-specs, eibach pro kit springs
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012
GT Member

Nickel or copper both work great on aluminum and steel or titanium. The aluminum anti seize works well on steel to steel connections. You don't want to use the copper on copper threads. You might be seeing a pattern what works is having a layer of dissimilar metal between the two fastening threads.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012
PONY Member

the threads aren't the issue with the stock plugs though. it's the shields that get all the carbon built up.

is good info for other applications though.

Heads, Cams, Edelbrock Eforce, 4.10 & true-trac, TR6060 trans, DSS driveshaft, Full BMR suspension, tokico d-specs, eibach pro kit springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page