TVS2300 blower question. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member

TVS2300 blower question.

I have a 2006 mustang GT. it has the stage 1 Roush package which basically means it is a GT with a body kit, fender emblems gauge faces and floor mats. But I was thinking about putting a Roush TVS2300 blower on it, with 550 hp and 500 ft-lbs to the fly wheel. Is this a good buy?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baballard62 View Post
I have a 2006 mustang GT. it has the stage 1 Roush package which basically means it is a GT with a body kit, fender emblems gauge faces and floor mats. But I was thinking about putting a Roush TVS2300 blower on it, with 550 hp and 500 ft-lbs to the fly wheel. Is this a good buy?

I dunno if the TVS you're looking at is a good buy,, but the Roush TVS is a good blower,

I bought mine pre-owned and I made 460rwhp//430rwtq on a 3.5" upper pulley making 9psi with the stock exhaust.

As long as you get a good tune,, use good gas and don't over rev your engine the TVS will keep a smile on your face for quite some time.

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT, Forged 4.6L Roush TVS and other stuff ... The modding shall never end ...

Wife's car ... 2014 Sterling Gray Premium GT 401A, stock for now ..
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member

Yes it's the roush TVS

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012
GT Member

You can get the same hp for half the money. If that doesn't matter go for it.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012
PONY Member

yes you can piece together a sc'er kit, but not everyone wants to deal with all of that. most people just want to buy a kit that is already complete w/o all the shopping around for various parts.

i have the edelbrock eforce tvs kit and love it. they do make excellent power and if you're looking to stay with the stock shortblock it's probably one of the best choices (either TVS sc'er). even if you decide to build the engine it's one of the best choices if you want to stay under 650hp. if in the end you want more then i'd go with a whipple or kenne bell.

one great advantage to the DOB manifold is you can really up the game by using the GT500 sc'ers available like the 3.6L kenne bell.

Heads, Cams, Edelbrock Eforce, 4.10 & true-trac, TR6060 trans, DSS driveshaft, Full BMR suspension, tokico d-specs, eibach pro kit springs
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012
PONY Member

Since your car is a Roush nothing wrong with sticking with that Roush theme you got going on already. Lots of power adder options available to choose from if you don't care to stick to a specific brand.

D.O.B Manifold, GT500 Fuel System, GT500 SC, Bassani Exhaust

SOS Dual Pillar Pod, Aeroforce & Roush Gauges
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member

Cool, thanks for pointing out stuff I wouldn't have known was out there!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012
Apprentice

2005-2009 Mustang GT ROUSHcharger Kit, Single Belt Phase 2 R2300
:kooky:

Justin
Columbus, OH
'07 GT auto, Stage 3 Saleen Series VI blower @9.5lbs boost. LTs, MAC Boom Tubes, 1pc Driveshaft, Eaton posi.
Brenspeed Installed and Brenspeed Tuned
Best 1/4 mile is 11.42 @ 119. Driven Daily
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

that Roush Stage 2 kit is a great example of the "complete kit" versus the DOB "do it yourself manifold"

Roush kit: complete, all of the parts are already sourced, all of the connection issues already resolved, includes complete instructions, cost = $6700 + about a weekend for installation

DOB manifold: includes a great manifold with intercooler, all other parts must be identified and sourced, be prepared to resolve various little issues like where to run hoses and wires during the installation, use thread and PM's on this forum for "instructions" and questions, cost = ~$3,500 for all the parts, plus about a week? for installation

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
that Roush Stage 2 kit is a great example of the "complete kit" versus the DOB "do it yourself manifold"

Roush kit: complete, all of the parts are already sourced, all of the connection issues already resolved, includes complete instructions, cost = $6700 + about a weekend for installation

DOB manifold: includes a great manifold with intercooler, all other parts must be identified and sourced, be prepared to resolve various little issues like where to run hoses and wires during the installation, use thread and PM's on this forum for "instructions" and questions, cost = ~$3,500 for all the parts, plus about a week? for installation
Instructions will be done this week.

DOB kit takes as little as 10 hrs (Link did one in 10 last week) to a weekend to install. Of course that can be effected by how prepared you are and what tools you have.

On the flip side I have seen people take weeks to “complete kits” on their car.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqidd View Post
Instructions will be done this week. . . .
if that includes a "recommended parts list" , I hope you have everyone geared up for a big increase in sales and production!

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
if that includes a "recommended parts list" , I hope you have everyone geared up for a big increase in sales and production!
The parts list has been available for a while. But a new even more detailed version will be coming out with the instructions.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page