What to look for on 06/07 high mileage cars? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

With the black one selling for that cheap, I'd really check the car out close for damage. I would be surprised if it hadn't had major accident repairs for it to be listed that cheap. That car with the low miles should be closer to the $14K range, at least in Dallas Ft Worth area it would be in that range, unless it's been in a wreck.

Mike

2008 GT Premium
Silver, 5 spd, OBX LT's, off-road h, Muffler deletes, K&N CAI, BAMA 93 Race, Steeda strut brace
(Mods in my closet waiting for install)
GT500 ported TB (given to me free)
Future mods: FRPP 3.73's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I saw another one recently in my area with less miles and black for 13k. guy just wanted to pay off the amount he owed and buy a truck, those are the deals i need to look out for.

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

12k is super cheap. I picked mine up a year ago with 44,000 miles on it for $16,800 and I was very happy with that. Just Kelly blue booked my car with 55,000 miles on it and in fair condition its private sale value is $17,626 and in excellent condition it's $20,426! Sounds like you know your way around cars though so you should be able to spot a lemon.

Black 07 Mustang GT Premium 5 Speed Manual
-Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 Clutch and Exedy Lightweight Flywheel
-Flowmaster Outlaw Series Axle Backs
-Roush CAI
-BAMA Tuned

Rookie
S197 Member

Check the driveshaft!

Mine is at 137k, and the center bearing on the driveshaft is toast.. But you can't just replace the bearing assembly as far as I can tell. Aftermarket DS for these cars are fawking expensive.
PONY Member

I have close to 60,000 on mine with a SC added at about 45,000.
The only problem was the latch broke on the passenger driver side seat.

Thats it!

Changed the plugs, have the old type and had one break during SC install. It was easy to fix.

Some guys have their 197 above 150,000 with minimum problems.

Not like my Honda where the gaskets leaked, throttle body always sticking, then the AC going out. That's my history with a Japanese car.

2008 GT Premium, MagnaCharger TVS 1900, Brembo Brakes, Whiteline Watts Link, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs,
J&M Extreme LCA, BMR Relo Brackets, FR500S Axlebacks, TCI Shifter
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Speaking of Japanese cars, I've had 2 Honda's and this is my 4th Mustang. The 2 Honda's repairs combined were over $2000 out of my pocket, not counting the cost of replacing that stupid timing belt they put in those things. That would add another $600 times 2. Out of the 4 Mustangs I've owned, repairs out of pocket...$0.

Nuff said.

Mike

2008 GT Premium
Silver, 5 spd, OBX LT's, off-road h, Muffler deletes, K&N CAI, BAMA 93 Race, Steeda strut brace
(Mods in my closet waiting for install)
GT500 ported TB (given to me free)
Future mods: FRPP 3.73's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page