Supercharger question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Supercharger question

So I think I want to finally bite the bullet and supercharge my mustang. Now the question is what one, and most people will say well that depends on what you want right? So here is what I want if possible. I want a supercharger that I can run on low psi so I can run it with my stock motor without forging the internals and the rear end. I want it to be safe as I don't want my pony to self destruct. I'd be happy with like 400-415 rwhp. Not looking for anything crazy. Would like to have the power like kind of midrange if that makes sense because I have all kinds already down low enough that I can not get traction first second and spin a bit in third with my automatic (crappy tires) but still the power is there. Can anybody lead me in the rigth direction? I'd probably spend like 4500 to 5000 on a supercharger and I want it intercooled. But like I said i'm aiming for it to be safe and more fun.

My mods are, sct tune with jlt intake, kooks longtubes with catted x pipe, steeda pullies and delete plates(im aware they will have to be romoved) shaftmaster 3.5inch driveshaft and 3.73 gears and keep in mind it's an auto. I just don't know what route to take there is so many different brands and I don't know what to go with. If anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012
Apprentice

I installed the Roush M90 and after the dyno tune, it is 400 even at the rear wheel with 4.5 lbs of boost. It is reliable and safe and has plenty of power. I track this car almost weekly. With the lower psi, I have not had any heat soak. It came with the water to air intercooler and I installed it rather quickly. It was about 5 hours of work.

The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound. That is why people look smart until you hear them speak.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufflerbearing View Post
I installed the Roush M90 and after the dyno tune, it is 400 even at the rear wheel with 4.5 lbs of boost. It is reliable and safe and has plenty of power. I track this car almost weekly. With the lower psi, I have not had any heat soak. It came with the water to air intercooler and I installed it rather quickly. It was about 5 hours of work.
400rwhp at 4.5lb of boost? Out of a M90 at that? I'm sorry but I can't buy that unless the motor has been leaned on and the exhaust is opened up a LOT!:nogrinner

What upper/lower pulley combo does it have?

I'm not trying to pick a fight but those numbers do not track with "normal" at all.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_15 View Post

I'd be happy with like 400-415 rwhp. Not looking for anything crazy.
Would like to have the power like kind of midrange

It sounds like an entry level centrifugal would work for you...

Mustang GT Paxton Supercharger "Throwback" Brenspeed Package (05-10)

mid-400 rwhp, builds boost with rpms...

2007 GT, 5 speed, Paxton 2200
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012
GT Member

So you want to spend more money and get less? Not sure of the logic especially when boost doesn't hurt motors. Over revving and pre-igintion from an improper tune does.
Have you seen this?
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...it-4-6-gt.html

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page