2012 shocks fit 2005-10 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2012 shocks fit 2005-10

I replaced the shocks on my 2012 with koni str-t all around. I have the old shocks and wanted to list them on craigslist but I wanted to see what years it would fit as I don't want to mislead anyone. I know they will fit 2011-13 but wanted to widen the audience of people to sell it to. If they will fit other years what will they need to fit them? Thanks guys

2012 Mustang GT Coupe MT Black on Black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012
PONY Member

How are those shocks?? I was thinking of getting the same ones for my 07 GT

I WISH I COULD GET RID OF THE KNOCKING NOISE IN MY FRONT END. I'M TIRED OF SPENDING MONEY ON IT... IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012
SheizaSoSay

I believe it all has to do with the upper strut mount. I know that you can use a 2005-2010 struts with a 2011+ years if you have Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates, which are essentially the upper strut mount. And on top of that you would have to use the 2005-2010 springs once you do that. So I'm going out on a limb here, but if you have 2011+ struts and you wanted to use them on a 2005-2010 you would need a 2005-2010 upper strut mount and that year springs. I just sold some 2005-2010 springs and struts with maximum motorsports CC plates to a guy who had a 2012 GT and I told him he could use them, but he would have to use 2005-2010 springs (which I sold him) from there on out. I know this answer isn't as definitive as you are looking for since you likely don't have MM C/C plates, but it is something to consider and investigate. Mustang Caster Camber Plates, 2005-2010 [Mm5CC-1] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!
Read the notes

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDanny View Post
How are those shocks?? I was thinking of getting the same ones for my 07 GT
I used them with the 2010 gt500 strut mounts and my stock springs cause I couldn't find any lowering springs less than 1 inch. It improved the firmness atleast 30-40% and got rid of the bounce from hitting bumps I believe you almost have to use the upgraded mounts as our stock ones wont stand up to the extra rebounding force. I would say the rude is better than stock. It's not bone jarring firm. I think they are a good replacement for stock springs and the reviews with lowering springs say the same thing. My wife rode in it a couple days after and said it was smoother.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheizaSoSay View Post
I believe it all has to do with the upper strut mount. I know that you can use a 2005-2010 struts with a 2011+ years if you have Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates, which are essentially the upper strut mount. And on top of that you would have to use the 2005-2010 springs once you do that. So I'm going out on a limb here, but if you have 2011+ struts and you wanted to use them on a 2005-2010 you would need a 2005-2010 upper strut mount and that year springs. I just sold some 2005-2010 springs and struts with maximum motorsports CC plates to a guy who had a 2012 GT and I told him he could use them, but he would have to use 2005-2010 springs (which I sold him) from there on out. I know this answer isn't as definitive as you are looking for since you likely don't have MM C/C plates, but it is something to consider and investigate. Mustang Caster Camber Plates, 2005-2010 [Mm5CC-1] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!
Read the notes
Yeah I bought the 2005-10 konis and used the 2010 gt500 strut mounts. But I used my 2012 springs, as the offerings for struts and shocks for our 12's was still pretty slim. From my understanding all the 2005-10 shocks and struts fit ours with a strut mount change.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012
MACH I Member
S197 Member

correct ungelded, but for a 2005-10 to use your 11 shocks will need an 11+ GT strut mount, like the ones you removed from your vehicle... FYI, the springs are not affected by the upper strut mounts.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspru View Post
correct ungelded, but for a 2005-10 to use your 11 shocks will need an 11+ GT strut mount, like the ones you removed from your vehicle... FYI, the springs are not affected by the upper strut mounts.
That sucks cause our stock strut mounts suck. Flimsy rubber and 4 million tiny little bb's. Lol I remember when I took them apart and the bearings seemed to explode all over my garage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page