Any one here running e85 in there s197 - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
quick shift 1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: L.I
Posts: 180
 
Any one here running e85 in there s197

Hi guys I wana beagle to run e85 in my mustang. Why well it's a lot cheaper them super and has a higher octan 110 I believe.. I'm going to be going with the gt500 fuel pumps soon and want to know what I need to do to convert to e85.. Also any pros and cons. Thanks

quick shift 1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member
 
ShortySmalls's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Goose Creek, SC
Posts: 1,375
 
Garage
its cheaper, because you burn 2x as much


2016 Mustang GT 5.0 Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Interior - Recaro Bucket Seats, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Diode Dynamics LED Visor Mirror Lights, LED Glove Box Light, LED Trunk Light, and LED Map Light
Exterior -Dealer Installed Shelby GT350 Racing Stripes, SunTek Carbon 15% Tint, Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Blinkers, LED Reverse Light
Performance - MBRP Race Series 3" Catback
ShortySmalls is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
 
TWShovel's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Camino CA
Posts: 985
 
also highly corrosive.....may need to change out other parts to run it safely....I have not seen any GT's with "Flex Fuel" emblems on them....least not out here in CA....

There is no such thing as to much horespower..!!

Last edited by TWShovel; 07-16-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: words
TWShovel is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
quick shift 1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: L.I
Posts: 180
 
I'm not to worried about mpg as I only get 10mpg as is the way I drive:kooky::kooky:.. More for its 110 octain
quick shift 1 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012
bigstick
Guest
 
bigstick's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick shift 1 View Post
Hi guys I wana beagle to run e85 in my mustang. Why well it's a lot cheaper them super and has a higher octan 110 I believe.. I'm going to be going with the gt500 fuel pumps soon and want to know what I need to do to convert to e85.. Also any pros and cons. Thanks
The thread titled: Installing a new fuel system is a good read for you.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...el-system.html
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012
Apprentice
 
clwi's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Vasteras
Posts: 95
 
What you need is a new tune for E85, and make sure that your fuel system can support the extra amount of fuel that`s required.
I use E85 in my Saab 9-3 here in Sweden without any problems, you will get 30% more fuelconsumption but thats it.
The benefit will be more power with a E85 tune,in my case 20% more power with E85. (it`s turbocharged though)
You also may have to add gas to every 5th tank to clean the fuel system, but that`s nothing i have been forced to do.
God luck.

07 GT, C&L Racer, Brenspeed 93 tune, Detroit Rockers cams, FRPP TB, JBA Shorties, Steeda UDP, Corsa axlback and X-pipe, FRPP handlingpack,
Hankook V12 Evo 255/45-18.
clwi is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
quick shift 1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: L.I
Posts: 180
 
Okay I'm going to go check with a shop and see what they say my pumps are maxed so I'm going to defiantly need bigger fuel pumps.. I was told you have to change out all the lines and what not.. But what I've learnd from reading about it is that it's not so bad on the fuel system like every one thinks it is
quick shift 1 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012
PONY Member
 
SilverGTvert's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Holland
Posts: 825
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortySmalls View Post
its cheaper, because you burn 2x as much
Not true - 10% more at part throttle, 30% more WOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWShovel View Post
also highly corrosive.....may need to change out other parts to run it safely....I have not seen any GT's with "Flex Fuel" emblems on them....least not out here in CA....
Another incorrect statement. Corrossive to some materials yes, but all of your current fuel components are E85 compatible in your Mustang. Your tune will be E85 specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick shift 1 View Post
Okay I'm going to go check with a shop and see what they say my pumps are maxed so I'm going to defiantly need bigger fuel pumps.. I was told you have to change out all the lines and what not.. But what I've learnd from reading about it is that it's not so bad on the fuel system like every one thinks it is
More bad information.The fuel lines in your car are fine with ethanol. Only a marginal gain ~ 10% in power will be realized on a naturally aspirated combo. However, the gains and benefits are HUGE on a FI setup.

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.
SilverGTvert is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
quick shift 1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: L.I
Posts: 180
 
Hey sorry for the late reply I've been working a hell of a lot and haven't had time to come on here and check.. Silvergtvert. Thank you for all that information and time.. Since my pumps are maxed out I will be buying the gt500duel pumps and and running e85 I have 47lb injectors do you think they are big enough?? I'm currently at 430rwhp with my whipple and am going to be inter cooling it shortly.. I wana run 8lbs with a lot of timing to make the power some make on the 12lb pulley. I think e85 will help me archive that.. Also my car is a 2007 gt are the fuel lines and filter going to be okay??.. Thank you guy for the time and great answers you have been giving me
quick shift 1 is offline  
PONY Member
 
SilverGTvert's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Holland
Posts: 825
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick shift 1 View Post
Hey sorry for the late reply I've been working a hell of a lot and haven't had time to come on here and check.. Silvergtvert. Thank you for all that information and time.. Since my pumps are maxed out I will be buying the gt500duel pumps and and running e85 I have 47lb injectors do you think they are big enough?? I'm currently at 430rwhp with my whipple and am going to be inter cooling it shortly.. I wana run 8lbs with a lot of timing to make the power some make on the 12lb pulley. I think e85 will help me archive that.. Also my car is a 2007 gt are the fuel lines and filter going to be okay??.. Thank you guy for the time and great answers you have been giving me
Th GT500 pumps will be more than adequate. I didn`t start to run out of fuel until ~ 600rwhp. Maybe 47lb injectors, but I recommend 60lb injectors. The fuel lines are fine with no changes required. I replaced my fuel filter about 100 miles of converting to E85 just as a pre-cautionary measure.

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.
SilverGTvert is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
quick shift 1's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: L.I
Posts: 180
 
Okay thanks for the help on this. I think when I buy the pumps ima get 80lb injectors so I don't have to change them again
quick shift 1 is offline  
Man
Rookie
 
Man's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Westminster
Posts: 16
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGTvert View Post
Th GT500 pumps will be more than adequate. I didn`t start to run out of fuel until ~ 600rwhp. Maybe 47lb injectors, but I recommend 60lb injectors. The fuel lines are fine with no changes required. I replaced my fuel filter about 100 miles of converting to E85 just as a pre-cautionary measure.
I'm about to go E85 and still trying to get a handle on what upgrades I'll need for fueling. Currently I have a stock GT pump and a GT500 pump and 39# injectors pushing ~500whp (thanks to 12psi, whipple, blower cams, LT headers, etc.). When I change to E85 I'll probably step boost back to 9psi and add more timing for a net small gain in power and huge gain in safety. Do you think I'll be okay with my current fuel pumps and should I go with 60# or 80# injectors.. I plan on no further mods with this car.

'07 SGT3249 510rwhp, Whipple 12psi, Detroit Rocker cams, Pypes LT & exhaust
Man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1