Buck under medium acceleration - ??? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Buck under medium acceleration - ???

Car is an '06GT, just turned 8000 miles today (yes 8k not 80k). Bone stock (for now). So last night as I was heading to the gym, I pulled out making a left turn on my normal route. There was a car coming a good ways off so I accelerated what I would call "medium". First gear up to about 3500-4k, then smooth shift to second and back on the gas using medium pedal. Well, all of a sudden, it bucks around 3500 or so - like the TC kicked in. So I let off and got back on, everything was fine. In my driving last night on the way home and into work this morning - spirited driving to test/check - everything was fine.

Here's the deal - I'm almost positive that I had the TC off last night...but it felt just like it kicked in for a second as I accelerated in 2nd. Could something else have caused this? A glitch or something? Or am I just overthinking this and I had left the TC on? Any thoughts would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012
Apprentice

Mine does this once in a while. Known issue. I press in the clutch and rev it a few times and it goes away.

2008 GT\CS 5 sp, 3.55 gears, factory NAV.,JLT CIA,Bama Tunes.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

It may be the throttle position sensor flaking out. If it is the round one with "AA" as the last 2 digits, get a new one.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Well this is somewhat comforting, at least a little (I think lol). It means I'm not crazy. :kooky:
Next question: Is there a picture/diagram of where/how to check this? I'm not real sure what I'm looking for. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Found a picture in the online browsable service manual. Very handy link! Question though - can you see the part number on it without removing it? The manual states that it can't be reused, so I don't want to pull it off if I don't have to...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

I checked it this morning before I came into work. Sure enough, "round" TPS and "AA" as the last digits in the part number. Any recommendations on where to get a new one? I did a quick look around and found an ACDelco one, and some others for upgraded TBs.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

Autozone has them for $70.
My local dealers wanted $110.
Dallas Mustang can get them for $50 or $60.

I was about to drive 1000 miles and had a day to get ready. Got the duralast branded Autozone one. Lifetime warranty. DOUBLE CHECK the new one. The first one I got my hands on was a Ford part in a Duralast box. "AA" to beat it all.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page