2008 GT ride height - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2008 GT ride height

I am looking for som information, what is the factory ride height of a 2008 Mustang GT. I bought the car six month ago and have found little upgrades here and there, like gears. I was thinking of lowering the car but when I look at it it dosen't look like there is room to drop it an inch. thanks for any help in advance.:smilie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I don't know how to answer "what is the factory ride height" -- other than "pretty high"

But, there should be plenty of room to drop it an inch. If it looks like there is not room (I assume you mean between the tires and the fenders) then it probably has been lowered already

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

sorry ex 4x4 guy. There is2 inches of clearance between front tire and top of the fender and 4 inches in the rear. From the center of the door from the ground to the bottom of body is 6 inches. Hope this provides more insite.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I almost forgot the tires are 235/55 17.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

Just measured mine- top of rear tire to fender, 2.5 in. with a 285/40-18 tire. Top of front tire to fender, 1.5 in. with a 255/45-18 tire. Springs are standard GT. Rocker moulding to ground between wheels is less than 6 in. all the way.

Frank

2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Brembos, Auto, GT500 Axlebacks.

SOLD! 2008 GT Premium, Vapor Metallic, 5-speed stick w/MGW, Ford Racing M6066 Whipple S/C, 3.31 gear, GTA's. GT500 front end, spoiler, suspension and wheels. Sequentials and one touch. - can't wipe the smile off my face.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thank you so much for the info.Everyone on this site has been really great, glad to be part of such a great comunity with great cars.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012
PONY Member

rubicon04,

It sounds like your car is stock in terms of ride height. I have some FRPP P Springs on the way to lower mine 1" all around. I want to lower it just enough to make it look right, but didn't want to go too low.

Jim T.
Present: 2018 Mustang GT (MT): Shadow Black

Past: 2007 Mustang GT Premium (MT), 2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012
GT Member

I have the Roush setup (1.5" rear drop 1" front drop) and seems perfect for my liking. Not too low to cause clearance issues, but low enough to give a more aggressive stance.

2005 black GT premium (5spd) / GT500 front LCA/upper strut mounts / Koni Adjustable (yellow)shocks with Roush Springs / FRPP 4:10 rear gear / BMR rear UCA/LCA+relocation brackets / MGW Shifter / Bassani axle backs / Cervinis heat extractor hood and Ducktail spoiler / Carroll Shelby CS69 20x9/20x10 wheels / MSD Blaster 2 coils / Roush TVS2300 Supercharger+Brenspeed 560R upgrade / Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 Clutch / Exedy lightweight flywheel / SR Performance braided stainless clutch Line / Afco Dual Fan Heat Exchanger upgrade / JLT Catch Can / Axle Exchange one piece aluminum DS / Silly grin on my face every time I turn the key.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon04 View Post
sorry ex 4x4 guy. There is2 inches of clearance between front tire and top of the fender and 4 inches in the rear. From the center of the door from the ground to the bottom of body is 6 inches. Hope this provides more insite.
Mine sits at 4.5 inches above the ground where yours is at 6. I have the Eibach ProKit and 255/45 tires all round. Yours is probably stock height. No clearance issues where I am.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thank you all for the info. It is of great help and I can definitely see the car just a little lower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page