07 GT Suspension Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

07 GT Suspension Question

I have a Ford Racing suspension on my 07 GT. The ride is very harsh. I like the lowered appearance but would like to soften the ride a bit. The Eibach Pro System sounds like it would provide the desired ride quality but I was wondering if I can replace only some of the Ford Racing suspension parts with some of the Eibach parts (struts and shocks for example). Thoughts?

2011 Kona Blue Shelby GT500
Brenspeed Stage 2 Power Pack
JLT 123mm CAI, 2.6mm Pulley, idler pulle, SCT X3 93 Octane Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

I think the ford racing setup is actually a lot smoother than most after market springs and shocks. You should research the spring rates before you end up with something more firm.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

2008 Metallic Alloy GT Convertible Premium
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler
Go:
FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks for the response. If the suspension was any firmer my fillings would probably be knocked out from bumps in the road. I am not familiar with spring rates so I'll research this per your suggestion.

2011 Kona Blue Shelby GT500
Brenspeed Stage 2 Power Pack
JLT 123mm CAI, 2.6mm Pulley, idler pulle, SCT X3 93 Octane Tune

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

There are some good threads here about spring rates. I know that BMR and Vogtland springs have a rate closer to stock. What size tires are you running?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

2008 Metallic Alloy GT Convertible Premium
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler
Go:
FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Typically a "lowered suspension" and a "softer ride" are mutually exclusive.

2007 Mustang GT Premium
Redfire Metallic w/ Dark Charcoal Leather Interior
5-speed manual w/ Hurst Competition Plus Shifter
18" Polished Fan Blade Wheels
GT Appearance Pkg
Interior Upgrade Pkg
Airaid CAI w/ FRPP Tune
Roush Lowering Springs
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012
Rookie

H&R OEM Sports. I've run four different springs on my car. These are the most comfortable by a long shot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubrignitz View Post
H&R OEM Sports. I've run four different springs on my car. These are the most comfortable by a long shot.

I had 3 different setups, including Vogtland and Steeda Sports. ^^ I second that !!

2010 Mustang GT Premium Red Candy
3.55 Gears - 3dcarbon GT500 Wing - H&R OE Sport Springs, Koni FSD Shocks and Struts, GT500 LCA's, Edelbrock adj. Panhard bar, Brembo brakes front, 2013 GT500 rear brakes, FRPP X-pipe, 2013 GT500 exhaust, SVTPP Wheels with polished spokes, Polk Audio speakers, Redline Hood lifts, GT500 seat covers, 2013 HIDs, 2013 GT500 Rear, Roush TVS2300 SC Brenspeed 560R
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012
Apprentice

I don't know if this helps but I recently noticed that American Muscle added SVE lowering springs for our cars. They claim to have a stock ride as they are not progressive rate springs. The customers ride looks good with them but thats all I can say about them.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbobob View Post
I have a Ford Racing suspension on my 07 GT. The ride is very harsh. I like the lowered appearance but would like to soften the ride a bit. The Eibach Pro System sounds like it would provide the desired ride quality but I was wondering if I can replace only some of the Ford Racing suspension parts with some of the Eibach parts (struts and shocks for example). Thoughts?
Maybe you're hitting the bump stops?

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Rookie

If he's hitting the bumpstops then either its too low or damper compression is too soft...both issues he won't be able to address with the current setup.

Just upgrading your dampers to adjustables would probably help.

Rookie

I have the Eibach ProKit, and find the ride stiffer than stock, but far from uncomfortable. It lowered the vehicle about 1.5 inches. ( along with 255/45 18 tires) The car is a DD.
Rookie

My criteria was 'would I enjoyably get in my car and drive it cross-country'? I cringed at the thought with other lowering springs but I would now with the H&R OEM Sports. I found a lower rate spring with the damping of Koni yellows and (sewer pipe) 3-way adjustable Hotchkis bars I'm running to be a perfect combo of comfort and handling. You can control roll and over/understeer with higher rate springs or bigger bars and I found it much more comfortable to do it with stout swaybars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page