HP estimate with track times? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

HP estimate with track times?

As I don't have access to a dyno but have some times, can anyone estimate my rwhp? I ran 12.64 at 97mph qtr. mile, 8.06 at 89mph 8th mile and 4.15 0-60.

My 2008 vert gt is an auto with M/T et streets and a v3 at 8psi. Other bolt ons too, hot rod cams, etc. Tuned via email by Brenspeed.

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012
PONY Member

Your time and mph seems odd to me... 12.64 @ 97 mph???... My best time is 13.986 at 101.47 mph on street BFG's at Darlington Raceway and my car dynoed at 305 rwhp... I have a friend that ran mid 12's and 116 mph in his 2011 5.0 with street Nitto's and his car dynoed at 428 rwhp....That's why I questioned your mph...................Just my 2 cents...

I WISH I COULD GET RID OF THE KNOCKING NOISE IN MY FRONT END. I'M TIRED OF SPENDING MONEY ON IT... IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

mph seemed odd to me too...

The mph figure seemed odd to me too but the 12.64 is accurate.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Garage
id guess ur around 420-30ish at the wheels, ur mph cant be accurate though

2007 Black GT Premium
JLT Series 3 CAI | Brenspeed 91 | FRPP 4.10 | Bassani Catted X-Pipe | Bassani Axle Backs | Steeda UDP | Saleen N2 Suspension | Steeda LCA | 18" 2010 GT500 Replicas | Front:Nitto Invos Rear:Nitto NT05s | Xenon Front Bumper and Rear Lip | Matte Black Emblems | Smoked Lights

2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca - Black
19" Forgestar F14 Wheels | Michelin PSS | Whiteline Rear Sway Bar | Boss 302S Oil Separator
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012

Time seems accurate. Car probably makes around 420-430rwhp with this combination is nice cool air. The MPH is definitely off for some reason and I would definitely make sure to let the car cool down in between passes so that the engine isnt so heat soak. The more heat it sees the more timing its going to pull, so long cool downs are KEY with any blower setup.

Thanks,
Chandler
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTDanny View Post
Your time and mph seems odd to me... 12.64 @ 97 mph???... My best time is 13.986 at 101.47 mph on street BFG's at Darlington Raceway and my car dynoed at 305 rwhp... I have a friend that ran mid 12's and 116 mph in his 2011 5.0 with street Nitto's and his car dynoed at 428 rwhp....That's why I questioned your mph...................Just my 2 cents...
You should do a much better time with the mods you have, I did a 13.89 when bone stock, granted I used a G-force but they are pretty accurate

2008 Black Mustang GT/CS, 5 speed manual, G/T appearance package, FRPP 4.10 gears, Charcoal Aluminum interior panel, Interior upgrade. Roush TVS stage 1 SC , Stang Hi dyno-jet 93 Oct tune, Pypes LT's X-pipes and delete mufflers, MGW shifter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page