Steeda Replacement Shifter Linkage Bushings - 05-10 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Arrow Steeda Replacement Shifter Linkage Bushings - 05-10

Mustang Replacement Shifter Linkage Bushings - 05-10 - $29.95

Please let me know if I can help you with this.

These bushings go bad on the stock shifters and Ford won’t sell you these bushings without buying an entire shifter! Our's are also more durable than the stock ones.

Quote:
Steeda's replacement shifter bushings are designed to reduce slop that develops over time with your aftermarket or factory shifter caused by the shifter linkage bushings wearing out.

The OE replacement bushings are not available from your Ford dealer separately, they can only be obtained by purchasing an entire shifter assembly. Our bushing are more durable, direct replacement upgrades.

Manufactured from high-strength plastic to provide a more direct link to the transmission. Does not require removal of the entire shifter assembly for installation.

Product Benefits
  • High strength plastic reduces shifter slop
  • Prevents purchasing the entire OE shifter just to replace the worn out bushings
  • Does not require any permanent modifications to car

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012
PONY Member

Are they the same as these ones listed on jegs?

Steeda 555-7095 Steeda Urethane Shifter Bushings

If so I have a set sitting on the desk waiting to go in next weekend when I get the car up on jack stands to install my springs (coincidentally also a steeda product ). If not - is there any benefit to the bushings you listed as opposed to the ones available on Jegs? I'd rather do it right the first time around (while the car is already up in the air) so if there's a benefit to what you listed I'd consider picking those up instead of the parts I already have...

2005 Windveil Blue GT (MT)
93H Bama tune, JLT Series 3 CAI, FRPP CMDPs, Pype bomb super system, 3.73 gears, Steeda shift bushings, Saleen short shift block
Steeda ultralite springs, Tokiko D-specs, J&M Extreme joint UCA/LCAs, PHB, C/C plates, bumpsteer kit, Steeda Q1S wheels, 2011 GT brakes, 275/40R18 Sumi HTR Ziii tires
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themangeraaad View Post

If so I have a set sitting on the desk waiting to go in next weekend when I get the car up on jack stands to install my springs (coincidentally also a steeda product ). If not - is there any benefit to the bushings you listed as opposed to the ones available on Jegs? I'd rather do it right the first time around (while the car is already up in the air) so if there's a benefit to what you listed I'd consider picking those up instead of the parts I already have...
Those bushings from the Jegs link are the bushings that are located on the ends of the shifter, not the linkage bushings in the original post.

Jim T.
Present: 2018 Mustang GT (MT): Shadow Black

Past: 2007 Mustang GT Premium (MT), 2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012 Thread Starter
Site Sponsor
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themangeraaad View Post

They are not the same bushings.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012
PONY Member

Ahhh, alright. I haven't pulled my shifter yet so I wasn't sure how many bushings were in there.

Well damn, guess I get to order some more parts now.

2005 Windveil Blue GT (MT)
93H Bama tune, JLT Series 3 CAI, FRPP CMDPs, Pype bomb super system, 3.73 gears, Steeda shift bushings, Saleen short shift block
Steeda ultralite springs, Tokiko D-specs, J&M Extreme joint UCA/LCAs, PHB, C/C plates, bumpsteer kit, Steeda Q1S wheels, 2011 GT brakes, 275/40R18 Sumi HTR Ziii tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
s197 shifter bushings , shifter bushings , steeda , steeda shifter bushings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page