2007 GT exhaust advice - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

2007 GT exhaust advice

I have an 07' GT with a magna flow axleback system on it. I am wanting to put an x-pipe or an h-pipe on it but there are alot of options out there, anyone have any advice on which to get? I obviously want to get good sound out of it but I also want the improved performance. So x or h-pipe? high flow cats or no cats?
thanks!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012
GT Member

HP?

I picked up 5 hp with my O/R H Pipe and MAC mufflers. The benifit was a free flowing and quick Reving engine. The best would be and sound is good is your current mufflers with L/T Headers with X Pipe and Hi Flow Cats. Or some Mac ceramic shorty headers with H pipe.
I will add some Pypes M80's befroe the axel to get a little back preasure to get them dialed in. Torque went down by 4 lbs so I would like to get this back and I believe this will improve some #'s down low.

T Wayne

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks...there are a lot of options to go with...right now I am not going to change the headers but when I do I am going with shorty's. my next step after the H-pipe is cold air induction. So another question have you had any issues with Check Engine lights coming on after the install?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-04-2012
GT Member

E codes

Ok do yourself a favor get a Tuner and one the best supported is the SCT. You can get the Tuner then a K&N drop in filter if money is low. Why I bring this up because if you go with a Off Road Style pipe X or H you will need to turn off the rear 02 sensor. When you get a Tuner you will list any cahnges so the Tuner will adjust for your MODS.
I would start with a CAI and Tune. I use Brenspeed 93 octane tune and the JLT2 with the SCT X3. The JLT3 has taken over from the JLT2 CAI. The 3 has eleiminated the metal Maf Housing that the 2 had and is 110mm vs the 90mm Maf Housing.
If you have a few minutes view Brenspeeds Web Store and they also have a full service shop so it is not just a warehouse selling you stuff. The C&L Racer is nice as well.

T Wayne
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012

Hi 07beachGT

Couple things...

Typically the X will give you a higher pitched (raspy) sound, and the H will give you a deeper sound. So if you know the pitch you like, that info should help.

Here is a link to our SCT with no cold air intake.
V8 Mustang Custom Tuned SCT X3 Programmer

Here is a link to our SCT with the JLT 3 which is our most popular.
JLT Series 3 CAI 110mm & SCT X3 Tuner Package (2005-09 GT)

Hope that info helps!!!! Also here is a link to our Brenspeed Forum. There you will find video's of our facility along with handy posts on tech articles, installs, and specials.

Brenspeed Forum | AllFordMustangs.com
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012
GT Member

It's the

It is a good starting point a Tuner and Brenspeeds videos made loading a Tune easy. Plus if you have a question they are not such Superstars that your below them. In fact they are very patient and they will return calls. These are some of the reasons I choose them.

Hope this helps.

T Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page