E85 in Returnless System Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

E85 in Returnless System Question

Is it true no manufacturer sells an e85 compatible fuel pump for returnless systems? I am being told the e85 compatible pumps are sold only for the return type systems. I was also told I can "try it" however the pumps may last 3 months or 3 years. This sounds like a company trying to cover themselves in the event of a failure would you agree? I don't know much about e85 but I find this hard to believe. Anyone know about this?

"Old Skool Bod with New Skool Mods"
Who said you "can't make BIG power in a Returnless System?"

ZERO to S I X T Y in NO TIME.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I haven't done any homework on the subject, but I highly doubt that's the case. Think about all of the OEM flex fuel vehicles out there that aren't return systems.

Who was it that told you that? I would contact the guys over at Lethal Performance, they seem to know their fuel systems.

Power in Numbers: None of us are as dumb as all of us
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrglenni View Post
I haven't done any homework on the subject, but I highly doubt that's the case. Think about all of the OEM flex fuel vehicles out there that aren't return systems.

Who was it that told you that? I would contact the guys over at Lethal Performance, they seem to know their fuel systems.
This is exactly what I was thinking because it is a logical way to think. I would love to air out the company that told me this but I don't want to stir anything up. I don't believe they have any affiliation with AFM thankfully. I will definitely contact Lethal Perf. I should have done that to begin with.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012
PONY Member

I have been using the GT500 pumps and E85 for over a year with no issue.

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGTvert View Post
I have been using the GT500 pumps and E85 for over a year with no issue.
@SilverGTvert, what type of fuel filter are you using? I am using an element type (reusable) Aeromotive billet type filter. Will this work with the E85? I am not sure if the alcohol content will affect the material in the element.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSSL View Post
@SilverGTvert, what type of fuel filter are you using? I am using an element type (reusable) Aeromotive billet type filter. Will this work with the E85? I am not sure if the alcohol content will affect the material in the element.
No issue using the OEM fuel filter. Check with Aeromotivr on E85 compatibility of your specific filter.

07 GT vert, Satin Silver, 5spd, premium trim, interior upgrade pkg, comfort group, GT appearance package, cloth top

ADDED: 302 Stroker, KB 2.8 Mammoth @ 20psi, DOB belt drive, E85 fed, TR6060, ATI, Cervini hood, Meziere, Pypes Long Tubes, O/R X pipe, FRPP GTA mufflers, 20" Bullitts, Eibach Springs, BMR relo brackets/UCA/LCA`s, FRPP 4.10, etc, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page