GT emblems and '69 style Boss 302 stripes - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
Classic Member

GT emblems and '69 style Boss 302 stripes

Hi all,

I'm not a frequent contributor to these forums... it seems I only post when I have a problem. I hope that's not a problem.

I have a Torch Red '05 GT convertible to which I want to add Black '69 style Boss 302 stripes. The type of stripe I have bought has the Boss 4.6 lettering where the GT emblem currently is. I know that I have to remove the GT emblem with fishing line and a good supply of Goo-Gone. That's all OK as I just removed my red factory spoiler to install a black one so I have experience with the fishing line (30 pound test worked fine but the 8 pound test kept breaking).

My question is what to do about the two holes in the fender into which the emblem locator pins fit. Should I fill these in before applying the stripe? If so, what should I use? On the other hand, if I should just leave them "empty", behind the stripe, is there a danger of bubbles forming or crap getting into them and ruining my stripes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Richard in Ottawa, Canada
2005 Torch Red Mustang GT convertible
-5-speed manual
-Vortech V2 supercharger
-25,000 miles
Retired 22/06/12 and lovin' it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012
Apprentice

had this problem with my center stripes covering the front lic plate holes, the vinyl held up ok but not great. you might try filling the hole first and backing it with something but , the right way to go would be to bite the bullet and have a body fill the holes first, or you might try it out first and if you fall in love with the look have the body shop fix the holes and paint the stripes on ( it worked for me)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page