2005 GT Tuning Options - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

2005 GT Tuning Options

Looking for advise. I have a 2005 GT 5spd that has a Brute Force Cold Air system, Magna Flow Axle Back exhause and I put a Brenspeed 93 Tune that came with the SCT tuner. I think that it runs rich and that the timing is a little to advanced. Seems to be about the same even if I drop it to the 91 tune while still running the 93 gas. I'm thinking about getting a custom tune or perhaps trying another tune via email. Any suggestions on this topic and or where to go in the Winston Salem/Charlotte area if I go with the custom tune option? Also, is there anything else that I can add to gain some easy/Cheap HP?
Thanks,
JS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012
PONY Member

Have u logged your timing advance ? How much r u runing ? You could get some good email tunes. Hit up s197 forum and look for Lito.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiedagr8 View Post
Have u logged your timing advance ? How much r u runing ? You could get some good email tunes. Hit up s197 forum and look for Lito.

Not logged anything yet. I assume you are talking about the data log option on the SCT Tuner? I called a guy at Brenspeed about doing that and he pretty much blew me off and said that it would not help with that (timing). So I've just not taken the time to figure out how to do it. This car is my toy. Now that I'm in year 2 with it, I've slowed down the driving of it to about a tank of gas per month give or take. 300 mies? The current mileage is 39,000. Thanks for the reply!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012
PONY Member

Get a wideband and download livelink from the SCT website. Then logg your self. Is your tune unlocked?

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiedagr8 View Post
Get a wideband and download livelink from the SCT website. Then logg your self. Is your tune unlocked?

Don't know if it is unlocked or not. It's a regular semi-custom tune from Brenspeed. It has the 87, 91 and 93 tunes on it. Plus it stores the stock tune. I'll try what you suggested on my own. Then maybe someone can look at the info to see whats up.
Thanks for your reply.
JS
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012

A datalog would be the only way to log the car and figure out what its doing. Honestly with the amount of volume of tunes we have sent out with your exact modifications, I doubt there is anything going on, but I could be wrong. We've tuned a bazillion K&N CAI and tuner pkgs over the years on 3V's. If you would send over a datalog I would be more than happy to have the tuner take a look at your tune and confirm everything. If you are unsure how to datalog, please email me directly at [email protected] and I can send you over some instructions.

Thanks,
Chandler
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012
Snackmaster

Welcome to AFM! I moved this to the 05-10 GT Tech to get you some help. Thanks for joining!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page