Advice on superchargering 4.6L Mustang! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Advice on superchargering 4.6L Mustang!

Hey everyone have my own opinions on it but i know i don't know everything .
Curious what superchargers you all recommend with a 4.6 mostly stock internal just frpp cams . Let me know what your running and hp ur pushing thanks alot!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

It mainly will boil down to what’s your budget. If you PM Sqidd on this forum he has all the info on the DOB blower set up. It uses the blower from the GT500 and that’s bullet proof blower that will put the stock motor at the recommend limit. I have a Saleen twin screw but I’m well beyond what a stock motor could survive, boost wise. It does run a bit on the warm side when I’m just driving in traffic. It does hit hard and pulls forever but due to its design it does take up a lot of room under the hood. Don't get hung up on HP #s because after 450rwhp it becomes a mute point. Without slicks I can't plant all of mine.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

WHIPPLE...!!! :happy

2007 Black on Black, GT 6 Speed
B326 (5.3L) Built Stroker,FRPP CNC PORTED Heads,Kooks LT's,Hi-Flow Catted H,Aluminum Drive Shaft,4:10 Gears,Tokico, Eibach Pro,Nitto 555R,,UCA/LCA, ,HotRod Cams,FRPP 62mm TB,Whipple HO-Intercooled SC,GT-500 Dual Fuel Pumps,Steeda-Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive System,15 psi, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch, Moroso 7qt oil pan. Tremec T56 Magnum XL 6 Speed
Plus more...
709 RWHP/712 RWTQ
Mustang Dyno

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Never thought of the gt500 charger...... I've mostly focused between the intercooled procharger and the ford racing whipple intercooled...... Im just nervous about running a supercharger stated for 550hp with stock internals anyone else run these or put alotta boosted miles on stock internals ??
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb123 View Post
Never thought of the gt500 charger...... I've mostly focused between the intercooled procharger and the ford racing whipple intercooled...... Im just nervous about running a supercharger stated for 550hp with stock internals anyone else run these or put alotta boosted miles on stock internals ??
Yup....a lot of the longevity has to due with the tune.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012
PONY Member

Yeah! its all about the tune! I have the Whipple 550 HO kit with stock internals. Putting down 496rwhp. The 550hp whipple is is for the crank which is not the same as rwhp. The 550 kit with a good tune will work just fine on your stock car. that is actually what the kit was designed for.

Whipple S/C 550 HO kit, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP springs, Steeda Spyder 20x9 and 20x11, BMR LCAs, BMR ReLo Brackets, Front and Rear CShelby Sway bars, Hurst Billet Shifter, Custom Dyno Tune, MRT O/R H pipe, Borla Stingers
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

I gotchya how are you liking the 550 kit also how many miles have you put on the Car with it on so far?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Also.how much boost are you running?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb123 View Post
538 rwhp with Stock bottom end for about 4 years now and currently 100k kilometers on car. Running wickedly strong !!

2007 Black on Black, GT 6 Speed
B326 (5.3L) Built Stroker,FRPP CNC PORTED Heads,Kooks LT's,Hi-Flow Catted H,Aluminum Drive Shaft,4:10 Gears,Tokico, Eibach Pro,Nitto 555R,,UCA/LCA, ,HotRod Cams,FRPP 62mm TB,Whipple HO-Intercooled SC,GT-500 Dual Fuel Pumps,Steeda-Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive System,15 psi, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch, Moroso 7qt oil pan. Tremec T56 Magnum XL 6 Speed
Plus more...
709 RWHP/712 RWTQ
Mustang Dyno
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

Damn very impressive !!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
SheizaSoSay

I would go with the DOB manifold and a GT500 blower. If your "mod disease" ever got to you enough that you wanted more, you could forge the motor and run the bigger Whipple or bigger KB blower that are designed for the GT500 since that manifold is designed for all GT500 blowers for use on our motors. If you haven't experienced 450-500rwhp I would strongly suggest giving that a try first. It is a LOT of power, regardless of all these guys running 650rwhp or 1000rwhp.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member

What's the dob manifold is there any known place i can just purchase the full kit then slap the gt500 supercharger in ?? i never messed with forced induction and dont wanna get in over my head
PONY Member

You have to peace the parts together. There is plenty on help here to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SheizaSoSay

Pm sqidd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page