LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

so you can get me a log in? seriously?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

naw man i promise i wouldnt abuse it. I too am a tech and take my job very serious. I got a log in for chevy if you can not abuse it too. trust is a hard thing to come by but im one of the few left you prolly could trust . and i always trust people until they mess me over then i never will again. but if we could seriously work that out that would help out alot.

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

seriouly? If you really could get me a log in. I promise i wouldnt abuse it. I just want specs. that would be super awesome.

PONY Member

Send me a pm. For some reason I can only get I to my in box if I have a new unread message. I'm using tapatalk on my iPhone. And I can't send pm. Sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PONY Member

For some reason I can't read my forum emails on my iPhone so I read them on my regular mail. But that sucks. If u ever need anything else let me know man. Sucks How long since u bought the car? Maybe u can take it back and stur up some sh!t.

post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah im thinking of taking the guy that worked on my carto court. Cause he knew those bearings where f*&%ed and he didnt say anything. And charged me and the dealer i bought it from. Lets say i do decide to get new heads. I then gotta try and find the pressure probelm. What could it be? Also what else or anything else could be f$%&ed up from thr oil pressure problem?
PONY Member

Low oil pressure can be cause by the oil pump, oil pressure regulator which is by the pump. Timing chain tensioner ( they blow the o ring seal), Phasers ( they do leak) thrust bearing failure ( check for crank end play to DG this) excessive wear on main bearings, excessive wear on the cam caps ( usually this is damaged by low oil
Pressure). As a ford tech when I see this much damage. I recommend a long block. Because the extend of the damage is unknown and to do a tear down is expensive. So it better to spend the money toward a long block then labor. Know what I mean. And maybe at the end just to find out. It may need a motor then it's waited money. Plus ford reman motor
Have 3 yr unlimited mile warranty. Even on over the counter motors. Good luck. You can go after that dealer as they choose to contract him. Also isn't it law that the dealer has to warranty a car for 90 days after they
Sell the car?

post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Im not too sureabout the 90 day thing. I was wondering. I know its 7 years old. But it has like 100200 miles on it. Is that something ford might cover under powertrain? Its just a littlile bit over. And its not like this problem just started 1000 miles ago. Im really hopping someone will pickup and pay for it. Cause i dont have the money to fork out and pay for it. And itll be a long time before i do.
PONY Member

Ford warranty is only 60k miles on power-train. Ford does have plans like AWA ( after warranty assistance) but try only give that to good ford customers example would be people who buy lots of ford new from dealer and people who also get there car serviced at ford dealer regularly. All this helps there score. If not they will say no. But even them they only pick up about half the bill. I would find out about the 90day warranty maybe different states have different laws but it's worth looking into. I would try to take legal action being that u just bought the car.

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Yeah im with you. the place that sold it to me didnt know about the engine. But the guy that worked on it knew. he replaced one of the cams. there is no tech in the world that would of replaced a cam and not looked at the bearings to see why the cam failed. plus i gotta talk to the dealer i bought it from. The guy that worked on it charged me 450 for the cam and rocker arms. The tech also charged the dealer i bought it from 1600 dollars to fix it. So im hoping can get done. considering he has charged over 2000 dollars to fix this and he knew it would never fix it. If none of this happens right. Im gonna have to trade it in. Even though ive already put 1500 dollars of my own money into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page