Underbody Glow - bring on the critics - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Post Underbody Glow - bring on the critics

By chance, my gf saw me starting the car and saw a "spark" underneath my car. Long story short, we've discovered the previous owner installed an underbody light kit not neon but like white lights that actually look decent and work. Like I said before....I didn't install it, the previous owner did haha. But I'm getting an alarm put in this week. Was wondering what you guys think if I just had the lights flash on when the alarm was armed/disarmed and that's it. Pushing it? Ricer, I know. But if I have them might as well use them. What do you think?

2007 GT Performance White
Pype Bomb Axleback
JLT Series 3 CAI
Bama 93 Hybrid Tune
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Sounds pretty cool to me.

Black 2011 V6
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012
Apprentice

Really to be honest Underglow isnt all that ricer to me as long as you dont drive down the highway with it on. Like if you turn it on when your just chilling or at a car show it looks awesome and especially at car shows it draws peoples attention and gets them over to your car. At least thats my opinion.

2008 Alloy Metallic 4.0L:
Flowmaster Exhaust, Halo Fog Lights, painted to match Tunable Induction CAI w/ Green Filter, BAMA Tuner with 89 oct tune, more to come soon!

1998 Rio Red 3.8L:Goodbye old friend, lots of good memories in ya!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012
Rookie

Underglow when arming / disarming car? I like it, especially w/ white, would look sick.

2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
KW V1 Coils
GT500 strut mounts
BMR PHB, BMR relocation brackets, BMR UCA, BMR UCA mount
Roush ABs, 3" Exhaust + Resonator Deletes
Barton Short Throw Shifter + 2 Post Bracket

Sinister Black and Red.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Ya, the use of underglow for the arming and disarming sounds nice. It's a good way to use something you already have installed without being too over the top. Subtle and sweet.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012
PONY Member

I don't mind underglow as long as it's not over the top...

A little bit of glow under the car while parked is fine and, if done right, can be pretty cool. When every part of their car is lit up? Or when the glow pulses to the bass/subs? Or when people use it while driving down the street? Eh... that's what I consider 'over the top'.

Using it to flash when the car is locked/unlocked sounds like a good use for the glow that you have. I don't think it will get you much attention or anything (which I suppose may be the point) but it's definitely good use of parts that are already installed.

2005 Windveil Blue GT (MT)
93H Bama tune, JLT Series 3 CAI, FRPP CMDPs, Pype bomb super system, 3.73 gears, Steeda shift bushings, Saleen short shift block
Steeda ultralite springs, Tokiko D-specs, J&M Extreme joint UCA/LCAs, PHB, C/C plates, bumpsteer kit, Steeda Q1S wheels, 2011 GT brakes, 275/40R18 Sumi HTR Ziii tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page