To cam or supercharge? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Yeah i know, I'm trying to find a supercharger with a nice whine, but the vortech is just so cheap I think they are just being a tease

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I drove a GT around 900hp with a big Procharger on it and it had a very loud whine but it was running a cog belt.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
SheizaSoSay

Quote:
Originally Posted by redruder View Post
That was pure music. That's why I like Alabama, if you're will to drive it then it's street legal. I thought about turbos but I'm not up for having all that plumbing and heat under the hood. Plus I just love blower whine. Most the time I don't turn on my stereo just so I can hear the combo of blower whinen and exhaust music. I will get a BOSS 5.3L shortblock to drop the larger blower on. After 19+ years in the Army I've become a creature of habit on going with overkill. If a 9mm will hit a target then a 50 cal would be way more fun to do it with.
Liking you more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SheizaSoSay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokievol View Post
My point is why add in the Cams when you can go SC.
Unless you really love the sound and are trying to get even more HP from your stang.
All of the SC will take you to 450 plus HP, even the Roush if you spin it to death.

If you go cams, LT and then add a SC, thats alot of green....
I would go to a SC then see if I wanted more.

Yep, I did get a deal on the Maggie

If they brought the price down a bit, I would belive they could definitly get more business. Whose knows what they are doing.

Talked with a couple of people at Magnacharger last couple of days, and they don't know why their company is slow balling the 1900.
Yeah and your point is totally valid. But that getting to 450 part. For you all you do is change blower pulley and your done. It is not as easy for m90 roush or mine really. Lotta people have to use OD pulley to get that power because belt slip and even then possibly looking at 8 rib. Honestly, is magnacharger sold their 1900 blower for $4100 I believe it would be an EXTREMELY valid option. And even if they said hell no to that, they should offer guys like me with the M112 blower the opportunity to upgrade the head unit. It is the same manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PONY Member

That would be nice of them to let you purchase the head unit, and maybe even business smart. Especially for the Ford/Mustang end of their business which they don't seem to really push much.

Sometimes to get a bigger market share you need to think outside the box, letting the M112 upgrade would definitly boost the Magnacharger "talk" on these social media websites.

NOTA HYBRID,,,,,,Not to steal your thread, but I know a guy was looking at travelling up from Ga I believe to get Piedmont Custom Motorsports to install a 1900 Maggie.

May want to travel out of Bama and visit the blue skies of Carolina:smilie

2008 GT Premium, MagnaCharger TVS 1900, Brembo Brakes, Whiteline Watts Link, Koni Yellows, Steeda Sport Springs,
J&M Extreme LCA, BMR Relo Brackets, FR500S Axlebacks, TCI Shifter
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I'd have to be getting one heck of a deal on a supercharger to drive a good distance, but I'd be willing to do it. That drive to North Carolina is not very fun.
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotaHybrid View Post
I'd have to be getting one heck of a deal on a supercharger to drive a good distance, but I'd be willing to do it. That drive to North Carolina is not very fun.
It is when your supercharged. Any drive can be fun; I do sometimes wish I still had cruise control though.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate
SheizaSoSay

Quote:
It is when your supercharged. Any drive can be fun; I do sometimes wish I still had cruise control though.
Why do you not have cruise control?
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-26-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Well the drive up there would suck,, but coming back would be fun if you know what I mean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page