door panel removal - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

door panel removal

need to remove the passenger door panel, when i drive and my passenger window is fully up i can hear a rattling noise so i want to take it apart and check everything to make sure everything is nice and tight because when i roll down the window a fraction of an inch the rattling stops so i know its something its inside. the reason im asking is because the sub is on my door (shaker 500) and i dont know how to get it off. any input is greatly appreciated and i thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

The sub stays on the door panel the wiring behind it gets disconnected. 3 "hidden" screws, 1 under the triangle plastic piece at the mirror, 1 behind the plastic in the door opener handle and 1 inside/under the window switch. Then a handfull along the bottom. Lift the panel out and up. I've had my window track lossen several times on me. Last time I added a drop of Loctite to each, haven't had a problem since.

07 GT Vert. Triple Black. Steeda CAI, FRPP GTA's, Roush Styling Bar, tuned by Brenspeed.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

hey, thanks alot bud i really appreciate it, so when all the screws are out, do i pull the panel straight out or up then out or how? is disconnecting the sub and wiring for the power lock and windows difficult?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Easyest way is to lift up and out using the handle part of the plastic pannel. It takes a little jiggling and pressure to get the edge to come out of the weather strip on the inside of the window. The speaker itself is attatched to the pannel with a single bolt on the inside of the panel. Think there are screws on the outside as well.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

ok, and how do you get to the "hidden" screws? like the one behind the door handle from the inside (to open the door) the one under the power window switch, and behind the mirror?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012
PONY Member

Use a plastic Pry Tool or a Flathead screwdriver, and carefully pry out the window switch plate (be aware or scratching the parts)
For the Door Lever screw u need to partially pull on the leaver and flip the small plastic plate out. Kinda small and flimsy to do.

I never done this by myself. only read and watched about it :kooky:
Also you can search on youtube for MotorzTV (also spereate HP) they upgrade the speakers in the Stang, so they show how to remove the panel.

I told it, but no one was listening.

2010 Torch Red Mustang GT Coupe Auto, Premium, 400A Leather, Backup cam, Sport Springs
2007 Redfire Mustang V6 Coupe Auto, Tan Interior, FR Single Exhaust, FR CAI, FR PP Suspension,BAMA 91P
Black Merc. Benz E-Class Manual (Daily Driver) 47MPG, 215.000mi
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

thanks alot immortal, i got the problem squared away, it was a nut that screws onto the threads that holds the window rail in place that was loose, i could spin the nut off with my index finger, it was pretty loose, just put some threadlock on it and hopefully it goes away
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
door panel removal , how to remove , passenger door , window rattling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page