A/T GT worth it? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

A/T GT worth it?

I just recently purchased a 2006 GT with an automatic transmission and now I was just wondering if I should try and build this motor (i.e. possibly F/I and bolt ons.) I got a really great deal on it and it only has 45000 miles. Should I try to build it or possibly just drive it for a while and then try to find a M/T GT. Reason i'm asking is purely bc I really hate to catch a bunch of flak from the mustang community just bc I have an A/T vehicle.

Some show and some go, but more go than show
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012
PONY Member

Nope just leave it and save the money drop in a supercharger and it will be way more fun

Whipple S/C 550 HO kit, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP springs, Steeda Spyder 20x9 and 20x11, BMR LCAs, BMR ReLo Brackets, Front and Rear CShelby Sway bars, Hurst Billet Shifter, Custom Dyno Tune, MRT O/R H pipe, Borla Stingers
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Any particular S/C you recommend?

Some show and some go, but more go than show

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012
Rookie

Thumbs up auto trans

Have auto trans 2005 with Saleen supercharger, stock exhaust and gears [email protected] with idle launch. JDM has a great auto program if you go Saleen.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012
PONY Member

Are you happy with the auto or are you getting a manual just because of the people that say "if its not manual its not a real mustang"? If your happy then don't worry about what other people think.

On a side note a good tune can really help make your auto feel and shift better.

D.O.B Manifold, GT500 Fuel System, GT500 SC, Bassani Exhaust

SOS Dual Pillar Pod, Aeroforce & Roush Gauges
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I been driving manual all my life. I got a heck of a deal on a used 2011 GT/CS A6 So I traded in my 11 camaro M6 for it. I tried and I tried to really accept the change but I just couldn't do it. Took a little loss and got into 13 GT M6. I beat myself for not going with the manual from the beginning but at least I am happy when I get in my car and feel the clutch and the shifter. Its just one of those things that becomes a part of you after a long time. If you can deal with a car that drive for you than I say go for it, but don't do it just because you are worried about what the next man is going to think. Autos are fun too, just not to some.

--------------------------

2013 Deep Impact Blue Metallic MT-82 401a
DiabloSport in tune - AirAid CAI - SVT GT500 AB - Ford Racing P springs - Forgestar F14 - Roush rear/side splitters - Stillen chin splitter - CS Fascia conversion - LED fog delete - 2 much 2 list.... Official mod addict: D
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTerror View Post
Are you happy with the auto or are you getting a manual just because of the people that say "if its not manual its not a real mustang"? If your happy then don't worry about what other people think.

On a side note a good tune can really help make your auto feel and shift better.
Bought my 06 GT when I had a cast on my right arm. Tried to drive manual at dealer and it just didn't work. Couldn't pass up the 0% finance so I gave in and got the auto. And 6 yrs later I couldn't be happier. I hate the haters on autos, I've kicked my friends evo's and challengers asses without a problem. Then they blame it on missing a shift. Yada I say! Excuses. Be proud to own a Mustang that has so much potential!

2006 Mustang GT Premium. Bullitt Inspired

4.10s, Ford Racing Shorty Headers, Custom X-Pipe w/ High Flow Cats, Bullitt Mufflers (off an 08') Ford Racing 62mm TB, K&N CAI, Predator Tuner w/Custom Tunes, Steeda Pulleys, Roush Scoop and Louvers (won in a poker game!), Eleanor Grill, 8K HIDs, Smoke Turn Signal Housings, Side Markers, Taillights, CDC Blackout Panel, "Power by Ford" Shelby Emblems, Ford Racing Lowering Springs 1", 18" '10 Premium Wheels
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Who cares what anyone else here thinks, man? Serious -- if the auto is fine for you it's fine for you. It's really a matter of personal preference. I wouldn't own an a6 mustang, but so what? I'd sure as hell drive one if someone offered me the keys, and I'd enjoy it. People around here with their car snobbery are just hilarious to me, and NOT indicative of the entire community -- just a small and very vocal part of it! :kooky:

In the words of Digital Underground -- dowhatchalike!

Silver - the fastest color.

2013 Mustang GT P 6M: Second Generation MT-82, Barton shifter and bracket, Catch can, MMD hood struts, Blendmount, Bama 93R. Next up - Headers and off-road X pipe, axle backs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Replica: $400? No. I'm good. Stock one is fine. It throttles and bodies just fine.
Rawbeef:
Sorry to pile on... But is your wife named Bubba?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2012
GT Member

I've got an auto V6 so if anyone catches flak it'll be me lol. But I don't care. I got the car I wanted and am modding it to my taste. Down the road you can swap in a stick if you want, and even get a 6-speed. Like another said, its a Mustang. If you enjoy it, the tranny nor engine matter. Have fun with it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page