Hey D.O.B guys!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Hey D.O.B guys!!

Okay, so i'm at work, and not feeling well which usually means i'm surfing the net. And......my "searching" has yielded ONE GT500 supercharger..this one was off a KR. for $750.

Where is this surplus of blowers??

2010 Mustang GT, FRPP 3:73.1 gears, Paxton NOVI 2200 H.O. supercharger, SCT brenspeed tune, KOOKS LT headers, catted H pipe, SSS axleback exhaust, Comp Cams Detroit RoCkErS, brenspeed grind, DuPont SuperJetBlack re-spray w/ ChromaPremier clear, blocked down and buffed out, no orange peel! and a 3m clear bra.. It sounds like my Ducati 996 now. :-P
BHP? Lots, I guess...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Someone delete this... it replied to the wrong thread.....

2006 V6 Pony Package Premium -Mods: 61mm Powerhouse Turbo and Intercooler, Evolution Dyno Tune(Jon Lund), Steeda Performance Shorty Headers.
Current Numbers:
350 rwhp/420 torque @ 8.3 psi (low boost)
415 rwhp/470 torque @12 psi Car died 6/23/09
New Set Up: 4.6 3v With Manual Trans, Bolt Ons
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmo.lover View Post
. . . Where is this surplus of blowers??
check Shelby take-offs (not sure of the address but Google should find it) -- last time I checked, they had piles of them

also they have crates with the blower and other take-off parts for something like $1,500 (IIRC), which is a great deal if you can use even just half of the parts

ps -- I am not an official "DOB Guy", but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night . . .

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day

Last edited by JBert; 08-28-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: ps

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

i looked at shelby take offs....and they didnt have crap!

2010 Mustang GT, FRPP 3:73.1 gears, Paxton NOVI 2200 H.O. supercharger, SCT brenspeed tune, KOOKS LT headers, catted H pipe, SSS axleback exhaust, Comp Cams Detroit RoCkErS, brenspeed grind, DuPont SuperJetBlack re-spray w/ ChromaPremier clear, blocked down and buffed out, no orange peel! and a 3m clear bra.. It sounds like my Ducati 996 now. :-P
BHP? Lots, I guess...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

create a account on svtperformance, go to "the market" then gt500 stuff and then engine stuff, there is a supercharger, throttle body, elbow and air filter off a 2010 for $350 shipped, dont waste your time with ebay, everybody that advertises on there thinks there stuff is gold.... hurry hurry hurry

D.O.B. 3V/GT500 Kit 463 RWHP/ 465 RWTRQ @ 11.5 PSI on 92oct - Dyno Dynamics Dyno
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
darn that sqidd, he created a market for these parts that nobody wanted before, and and now eveybody wants them, and they are all gone!

they do come up on Craig's List from time to time, if you watch for a while something probably will pop up, with the increased demand price probably will go up a bit though

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012
PONY Member

Get on the GT500 forums and look in their classified section.

D.O.B Manifold, GT500 Fuel System, GT500 SC, Bassani Exhaust

SOS Dual Pillar Pod, Aeroforce & Roush Gauges
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012
PONY Member

I see one atleast once a week on the various forums.. Just don't post WTB.. thats like pouring blood in a shark tank lol.

DOB manifold, Ported Supercharger, Forged shortblock built by ME, CP, Kellogg, Manley, ARP, IW 10% OD 8-rib, Comp 127350, TFS adjustable crank gears, Livernoise lockouts, ID1000, GT500 pumps, JLT CF 110, L&M 72 + Elbow, , Prothane, Meziere, AFCO dual fans, Custom trunk IC tank, PI tripple disc, TCI shaft/servos, JDM cooler, MSD 2Step, Taylor, SCT, Autometer, Shaker1000, BBK LT's + O/R X, FRPP 3.73, BMR UCA,LCA,PH, Steeda springs, custom 6pt molly bar.. tons more. Pissed accountant. LITO TUNED
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012
Apprentice

Shelby American sells a crate dull of good stuff for just under 1500. I know it has the blower the injectors brakes and springs sway bars. I think it has the fule pump also.
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Try here:
2007-2009 Shelby GT500 Factory Super Charger

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
darn that sqidd, he created a market for these parts that nobody wanted before, and and now eveybody wants them, and they are all gone!

they do come up on Craig's List from time to time, if you watch for a while something probably will pop up, with the increased demand price probably will go up a bit though
There are more than enough out there.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I'll do that. i'm starting to think the DOB idea is the way to go. Now i just gotta sell myself on a PD blower vs the centri blowers. I'm sold on the centri blowers being easier on fuel, on the motor themselves due to the decreased inlet temps, etc.

BHP? Lots, I guess...
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

here watch this Supercharged Mustang GT 05 - YouTube

D.O.B. 3V/GT500 Kit 463 RWHP/ 465 RWTRQ @ 11.5 PSI on 92oct - Dyno Dynamics Dyno
GT Member

Quote:
I'll do that. i'm starting to think the DOB idea is the way to go. Now i just gotta sell myself on a PD blower vs the centri blowers. I'm sold on the centri blowers being easier on fuel, on the motor themselves due to the decreased inlet temps, etc.
I assumed the inlet temps were lower on centri blowers but after reading numerous threads I find they are not and it is even harder to get a good cooling system to work with them plus they pack the engine compartment full of huge tubes which slow down air flow. I do suspect they might get slightly better fuel economy but I can afford the one mile per gallon I have lost.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page