2007 GT vert - lowering with FRPP kit, need advice - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Question 2007 GT vert - lowering with FRPP kit, need advice

Hello,

Im plannig to lowering my vert with the FRPP springs, struts and shocks. Will use the FRPP swaybars also.

As additional parts Ill order:

Steeda adjustable panhard bar
Steeda adjustable UCA
Steeda G - trac brace
Steeda HD strut mounts
New GT 500 lower controll arms

Now my questions:

Do I need the longer balljoints like the steeda x5s at his project or will I be fine with the parts Ive listet above?

thanks

Joe

Vialle liquid propane injection, JLT series II CAI with Brenspeed tune, SCT X3, 3.55 gears, J&M extreme joint lcas, Magnaflow axlebacks, FRPP rear end girdle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

from what I understand, you have more than enough parts already ; no you do not "need" the ball joints, unless you really want to go all the way . . .

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Thumbs up

....ok - thanks, then Ill go with the normal GT500 front LCAs.

Vialle liquid propane injection, JLT series II CAI with Brenspeed tune, SCT X3, 3.55 gears, J&M extreme joint lcas, Magnaflow axlebacks, FRPP rear end girdle.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

FYI. Use caution when installing the Steeda upper strut mounts The flat bearings in the middle can get mangled along with the rubber o rings during mounting. I swapped mine for J and M mounts.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

2008 Metallic Alloy GT Convertible Premium
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler
Go:
FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

...I had the J&M caster/camber plates also in the eye. What do you think, are they sturdy enought compaired to the steeda strut mounts?

They also offer more degress for adjusting.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

I think the J and M and maximum motor sports camber plates are just a simpler design but perhaps give a little rougher ride

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2008 Metallic Alloy GT Convertible Premium
Show : black top| 18" bullitt polished wheels| CDC light bar and black billet replacement grilles | black/amber corner lights | GT500 rear spoiler| AH chin spoiler
Go:
FRPP CAI with StangHi tunes | Kooks LT's | FR500 axle back | Steeda Sport springs | Koni STR.t struts/shocks | J&M camber plates | UMI adj. panhard bar | LCA relocation brackets | GT500 LCA's | Hurst Billet shifter | 3.73 gear | FRPP axle girdle | Baer Rotors and Pads
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I have the J&M plates...so far they haven't given me any trouble. Plus I feel like you could get some better LCA's than the GT500s.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012
Site Sponsor
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistablue46 View Post
Hello,

Im plannig to lowering my vert with the FRPP springs, struts and shocks. Will use the FRPP swaybars also.

As additional parts Ill order:

Steeda adjustable panhard bar
Steeda adjustable UCA
Steeda G - trac brace
Steeda HD strut mounts
New GT 500 lower controll arms

Now my questions:

Do I need the longer balljoints like the steeda x5s at his project or will I be fine with the parts Ive listet above?

thanks

Joe
Which FRPP springs are you going with? Is there a particular reason you want to go with Ford Racing springs and dampers?

Is this your daily driver? Do you track it? (if so, what kind of track and how often)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012
Site Sponsor
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistablue46 View Post
...I had the J&M caster/camber plates also in the eye. What do you think, are they sturdy enought compaired to the steeda strut mounts?

They also offer more degress for adjusting.
The J&M mounts, while they allow more adjustment, are going to increase NVH due to using a spherical bearing. We designed our's to allow for up to 1 of camber adjustment and we strove to keep it factory-like in terms of NVH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page