Performance Programmer Chip - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Question Performance Programmer Chip

I was at the local performance shop and was talking about some upgrades. He recmmended I get the Bull Dog Performance Programmer Chip. My question is, Anyone familiar with this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

do you mean bullydog?

D.O.B. 3V/GT500 Kit 463 RWHP/ 465 RWTRQ @ 11.5 PSI on 92oct - Dyno Dynamics Dyno
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012

What "performance" shop were you in that they made that recommendation? I've never seen a tuner use Bully Dog software on the Dyno. Stick with what works and is used by the vast majority of tuners...SCT.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012
Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Dan_DiabloSport
You might want to stick with something that has more tunable options for your Mustang like the DiabloSport inTune or Trinity, both of them can be dyno tuned and the Trinity gets free tunes for life from American Muscle.

Here's a link to some user reviews on the inTune here on AFM:
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...al-review.html

Here's some info on the Trinity tuner as well on AFM:
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-mustangs.html
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

I would certainly stick with a Diablo or SCT...far more widely used than the one you mentioned.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012
GT Member

It might be and idea to chat with someone at one of the main tuning retailers like Brenspeed, Bama or American Muscle just to mention a few. These places have spent literally hundreds of hours developing specific tunes (dyno tested) for specific applications and have great customer service that would be more than happy to steer you in the right direction as far as a programmer goes. There would be nothing worst than spending hundreds of dollars on a programmer that hardly anyone supports.

2005 black GT premium (5spd) / GT500 front LCA/upper strut mounts / Koni Adjustable (yellow)shocks with Roush Springs / FRPP 4:10 rear gear / BMR rear UCA/LCA+relocation brackets / MGW Shifter / Bassani axle backs / Cervinis heat extractor hood and Ducktail spoiler / Carroll Shelby CS69 20x9/20x10 wheels / MSD Blaster 2 coils / Roush TVS2300 Supercharger+Brenspeed 560R upgrade / Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 Clutch / Exedy lightweight flywheel / SR Performance braided stainless clutch Line / Afco Dual Fan Heat Exchanger upgrade / JLT Catch Can / Axle Exchange one piece aluminum DS / Silly grin on my face every time I turn the key.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GThajdo View Post
I was at the local performance shop and was talking about some upgrades. He recmmended I get the Bull Dog Performance Programmer Chip. My question is, Anyone familiar with this?
Bully Dog ??!! If this is any indication, I would find a different shop for sure... Go with a SCTx3 or DiabloSport

2007 Black on Black, GT 6 Speed
B326 (5.3L) Built Stroker,FRPP CNC PORTED Heads,Kooks LT's,Hi-Flow Catted H,Aluminum Drive Shaft,4:10 Gears,Tokico, Eibach Pro,Nitto 555R,,UCA/LCA, ,HotRod Cams,FRPP 62mm TB,Whipple HO-Intercooled SC,GT-500 Dual Fuel Pumps,Steeda-Whipple 10 Rib Belt Drive System,15 psi, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc Clutch, Moroso 7qt oil pan. Tremec T56 Magnum XL 6 Speed
Plus more...
709 RWHP/712 RWTQ
Mustang Dyno
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012
Site Sponsor
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GThajdo View Post
Take a look at our SCT tuning devices with Steeda custom tunes: Mustang Custom Tuning | Mustang Tuning | Mustang SCT Tuner | Mustang SCT | Steeda Tuning | Best Mustang Custom Tuning

Let me know if I can help you with that.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Thanks for all the information. I will make some phone calls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page