Estimated Dyno Numbers From These Mods - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

With those mods Id get some drag radials on some used 17 inch rims. With stickey tires on 17s he should run 12's.
I saw a guy run 12s with CAI, sticky tires and the delete plates with 355 gears.

2005 Ford Mustang GT Torch Red Manual
Saleen Super Shaker 3.4 pulley/Brenspeed Tune
Kooks Longtubes Catted H/FRPP Stingers
Full BMR And Steeda Suspension
FRPP Throttlebody
Dynotech Driveshaft
SOLD!! I have no Mustang at this time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

A little off subject, but it's pretty cool that my two brothers & I all have S197 Mustangs now. I'm hoping we can all get together when our schedules are free at the same time which is rare ha ha. My other brother's '07 GT only has a CAI & Tune so if we meet, we'll go to the track to race each other & compare times. Hopefully we can do this before it gets really cold out.

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack Coupe (6-speed manual) with a Steeda CAI, SCT X4-BAMA 93oct Race Tune, AirAid Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, JLT Passenger Side Oil Seperator, Magnaflow Street 3.0" Into 2.75" Catback System, MBRP XP Series 3.0" Into 2.75" Aftercat H-Pipe, The Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum 3.5" Driveshaft, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter with Steeda Black Cue Ball Knob & Billet Collar, Steeda 2-Post Bracket, Steeda Lower Control Arms & Steeda Hood Struts. 409 RWHP/392 RWTQ
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaja6009 View Post
With those mods Id get some drag radials on some used 17 inch rims. With stickey tires on 17s he should run 12's.
I saw a guy run 12s with CAI, sticky tires and the delete plates with 355 gears.
That would be nice Yeah, both my two brothers & I are very good at shifting & driving... Our father taught all of us when we were under 13 years old in parking lots. By the time we were old enough to get our permits, we were all really good. At 16 years old, we all knew how to rev match, heel toe ect ect... & we were taught the right way too... We never put the car in neutral while it's in motion & we leave it in gear & then put in the clutch right before the car starts to buck while coming to a stop. So many people just throw it in neutral while the car is in motion which is the wrong way. It doesn't save gas either, that's been proven. Anyway, both my brothers & I are trying to meet up at the track one day soon to run our Mustangs. It's tough though with our busy schedules. I can't wait though :shiny:

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack Coupe (6-speed manual) with a Steeda CAI, SCT X4-BAMA 93oct Race Tune, AirAid Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, JLT Passenger Side Oil Seperator, Magnaflow Street 3.0" Into 2.75" Catback System, MBRP XP Series 3.0" Into 2.75" Aftercat H-Pipe, The Driveshaft Shop One Piece Aluminum 3.5" Driveshaft, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter with Steeda Black Cue Ball Knob & Billet Collar, Steeda 2-Post Bracket, Steeda Lower Control Arms & Steeda Hood Struts. 409 RWHP/392 RWTQ

SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

my guess: it will dyno 290-300 on a dynojet

| 2010 GT coupe | Daily Driver with some Steeda and GT500 take-off stuff for the occasional track day
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBert View Post
my guess: it will dyno 290-300 on a dynojet
Yeah, my original guess was 300+ to 310+ on a dynojet. He said he felt a big difference when he added the Steeda CAI, SCT Bama 93 race tune & steeda UD Crank Pulley... He said he can really hear the air being sucked into the CAI making a throaty sound which he loves. He even said his exhaust sounds slightly louder. I told him maybe the extra air being brought into the engine which has to come out of the exhaust pipes is making it louder... That was just a guess though.

Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris's06GT View Post
Yeah, my original guess was 300+ to 310+ on a dynojet. He said he felt a big difference when he added the Steeda CAI, SCT Bama 93 race tune & steeda UD Crank Pulley... He said he can really hear the air being sucked into the CAI making a throaty sound which he loves. He even said his exhaust sounds slightly louder. I told him maybe the extra air being brought into the engine which has to come out of the exhaust pipes is making it louder... That was just a guess though.
Chris's06GT,

I think your guess of 300+ is right on the money. That should be able to push him well into the 13's. It's really going to depend on his driving and how well he can hook with those 20's.

CAI's do tend to perk up the exhaust a little bit, actually. We've seen this on all of our AM Project cars, since CAI's and a Bama Race tune are usually the first mods we do!

Good luck at the track this weekend. Definitely come back and post some time slips, as well as pics when you get a chance!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
Chris's06GT,

I think your guess of 300+ is right on the money. That should be able to push him well into the 13's. It's really going to depend on his driving and how well he can hook with those 20's.

CAI's do tend to perk up the exhaust a little bit, actually. We've seen this on all of our AM Project cars, since CAI's and a Bama Race tune are usually the first mods we do!

Good luck at the track this weekend. Definitely come back and post some time slips, as well as pics when you get a chance!

Shane
Hey thanks Shane! Yeah, I figured that it was the extra air being sucked in that made his exhaust a little louder, but I wasn't sure though. Thanks for clearing that up Also, I will post the time slips as soon as we're both at the track together. I just hope there is no head wind like there normally is most of the time. I'll keep you posted.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page