Front End or somthing else? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Front End or somthing else?

So the other day I was making a normal Right Hand Turn.
The front end felt like it walked then POP.
I was hoping it was just the factory Strut Bearing Plate.
Replaced front struts but not the PLates as they were not broke.
The other thing could it be a Balljoint? Off of best estimate from those who have delt with this .

The End Links for Front Sway have been replaced and Bushings on the Sway Bar 85Ft/Lbs. on the updated links and new nuts. I re- checked all good at that junction.

Anything would help.

T Wayne

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wayne View Post
So the other day I was making a normal Right Hand Turn.
The front end felt like it walked then POP.
I was hoping it was just the factory Strut Bearing Plate.
Replaced front struts but not the PLates as they were not broke.
The other thing could it be a Balljoint? Off of best estimate from those who have delt with this .

The End Links for Front Sway have been replaced and Bushings on the Sway Bar 85Ft/Lbs. on the updated links and new nuts. I re- checked all good at that junction.

Anything would help.

T Wayne
I had this problem once. It started to become a daily problem everytime i reversed out of the driveway or a parking spot and had to turn my wheel to the right. The issue went away after replacing the Lower Control Arm on the right side. I would look there to see if you can see any issues with your LCA.

2006 V6 Pony Package Premium -Mods: 61mm Powerhouse Turbo and Intercooler, Evolution Dyno Tune(Jon Lund), Steeda Performance Shorty Headers.
Current Numbers:
350 rwhp/420 torque @ 8.3 psi (low boost)
415 rwhp/470 torque @12 psi Car died 6/23/09
New Set Up: 4.6 3v With Manual Trans, Bolt Ons
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Lca

Front LCA did you use the GT500 style I have 08GT500 Wheels and F1 Tires and Steering Stops for the optional 18inch Fans 06 GT/P 8-1/2 inch stock on front. Now with the 500's 9 inch front 9 1/2 rear.
Do not know if any of this matters?

You described the same think I'm having!:smilie

Thanks

T Wayne

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I actually dealt with the problem until I had a small accident..... Had an animal (think it was a fox) jump infront of me while it was raining out and i swerved to avoid it and ended up hitting my front right on a curb real bad where at this point my LCA was broken and had to be replaced. As soon as this was replaced the noise/thump/pop went away. I'm going to assume they replaced it with the stock GT LCA. If i remember correctly I also found a Technical Service Bulletin on this issue recently, it had to do with a bushing or something. I'll look into it and post back in here if I can find it.

Also, what year is your mustang?

2006 V6 Pony Package Premium -Mods: 61mm Powerhouse Turbo and Intercooler, Evolution Dyno Tune(Jon Lund), Steeda Performance Shorty Headers.
Current Numbers:
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Found the TSB's.... according to the TSB it might not have anything to do with the LCA at all.... but I assure you that once I got mine replaced that same issue went away but I have attached both TSB's that address the issue and the bushing I was talking about that may be the root of the issue in the LCA.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 09-24-16[1].pdf (49.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: doc 07-18-1[1].doc (45.0 KB, 48 views)

Current Numbers:
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member

Thanks Again

The car is a 2006 GT/P optional Performance Package 3.55 gears 18inch wheel and tires interior upgrades leather and power seat.

Now the 18x9.5 3.73 gear Cams CAI Tune by Brenspeed CMDP's H/Pipe Mac axel backs UDP's with Metco percision idler pullies and suspension pieces Catch Can Aluminum. Fabricated expansion tank and power steering Aluminum Brisk 1pc spark plugs Diff Girdle.

Around consistant HP 315-320 if i take it to 65000 a little more.
But I like it around 5700-6100 RPM's runs like a champ and entering the HWY. is great around 4500 rpm in 4th gear just keeps pulling.

T Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page