Dyno results! Not sure how to read it - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question Dyno results! Not sure how to read it

Can sombody please tell me what my old 2006 Mustang Gt's hp/tq/rwhp is? Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06 mustang dyno.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	694.5 KB
ID:	163488  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012
Apprentice

According to this chart your looking at approximately 265-270 RWHP at 5400 RPM, and about 250 FT/lbs tq at 4200 RPM

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

That's an odd curve...
Looks like 26_ ft lbs and 25_ rwhp. Usually dynos will print out the peaks on the bottom though?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012
PONY Member

Yeah they usually put the max of rwhp and ft lbs at the bottom.

Whipple S/C 550 HO kit, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP springs, Steeda Spyder 20x9 and 20x11, BMR LCAs, BMR ReLo Brackets, Front and Rear CShelby Sway bars, Hurst Billet Shifter, Custom Dyno Tune, MRT O/R H pipe, Borla Stingers
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012
Banned

the dyno operator didn't tell you anything? strange....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Here's what's going on...

This was my 06 GT's dyno. I bought the car from a guy with only 6,000 miles on it and he had modded it. He gave me a folder with all the paperwork he's ever done to the car. But the back end got totaled... ): it was my baby. So luckily with insurance I found an 08 GT Manuel with only 3,000 miles on it about 4 months ago and transferred every part from the 06 to the 08 hoping for the same feeling in power and torque, but sadly to say it's just not the same for the worst... ): why not?! Same parts minus the short shifter and have a BAMA tune on the 08 instead of the predator tune I had on the 06. And of course the dyno. Oh and my chart at the bottom only sais "336 HP-Flywheel" .... ???
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008SilverGT View Post
This was my 06 GT's dyno. I bought the car from a guy with only 6,000 miles on it and he had modded it. He gave me a folder with all the paperwork he's ever done to the car. But the back end got totaled... ): it was my baby. So luckily with insurance I found an 08 GT Manuel with only 3,000 miles on it about 4 months ago and transferred every part from the 06 to the 08 hoping for the same feeling in power and torque, but sadly to say it's just not the same for the worst... ): why not?! Same parts minus the short shifter and have a BAMA tune on the 08 instead of the predator tune I had on the 06. And of course the dyno. Oh and my chart at the bottom only sais "336 HP-Flywheel" .... ???

2008SilverGT,

It's hard to see exactly how much power you made on your '06 GT dyno chart. They gave you a zoomed in range from 3k rpm to 5.4k rpm. You'll have to get one of the entire chart if you want to see exactly where you were at with the '06.

Now your Bama tune should feel much stronger on the '08 GT. If it doesn't, then give Bama a call directly @ 888.226.9764 and have them take a look over your tune to double check everything is in line. We do get the occasional human errors when writing tunes, since they're custom made. Also, there could be a mistake on your tuning info form, which will definitely through the tune's accuracy off!

If you run into any trouble, just let me know!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page