Budget front brake upgrade kit?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Budget front brake upgrade kit??

Looking to upgrade my front brakes; came across this kit. It uses the existing calipers (has a bracket to raise them higher) with larger 14" rotors. Think it's any good?

05-10 Mustang GT Baer 14 inch Front Brake Upgrade Kit EradiSpeed Plus 2 piece Rotors

Arden
'05 GT Conv. Triple black. Eight cylinders; uses them all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012
SheizaSoSay

That's actually the first I have seen of that and that's pretty cool actually. Hammerdown has a writeup he did on using the 13.2" rotor off of the 2011's and up on our cars. He did all the ground work and I THINK it was only like $200 for the whole setup....don't quote me. You can look at hammerdown's profile and look at the threads he has started and find it easily.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012
PONY Member

I'm gonna quote you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheizaSoSay View Post
I THINK it was only like $200 for the whole setup....don't quote me.
FORD MUSTANG OEM- FRONT (13.2")AND REAR (12.4") ROTORS/CALIPERS/ BRAKE SET | eBay

$250 for everything.

If I recall correctly from the thread you mentioned, the 2011+ cars use the same caliper and maybe even use the same pads as our cars so all you really need to do the upgrade is the caliper brackets and the rotors (IIRC the calipers have different part numbers in ford's system but are identical otherwise)... but you can order a full take-off from Roush for $250 as linked above to make sure you have everything.

I'm due a set of brakes soon myself and have been contemplating this upgrade, but my problem is that my OEM 17" wheels won't clear the 13.2" brakes. Hopefully I can get another 5-10k miles out of my current brakes and can delay that project until the spring when I planned on buying new wheels anyway.

2005 Windveil Blue GT (MT)
93H Bama tune, JLT Series 3 CAI, FRPP CMDPs, Pype bomb super system, 3.73 gears, Steeda shift bushings, Saleen short shift block
Steeda ultralite springs, Tokiko D-specs, J&M Extreme joint UCA/LCAs, PHB, C/C plates, bumpsteer kit, Steeda Q1S wheels, 2011 GT brakes, 275/40R18 Sumi HTR Ziii tires

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012
SheizaSoSay

Quote:
Originally Posted by themangeraaad View Post
I'm gonna quote you!
Don't you ever .................................quote me you sunofab!tch!

ever
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheizaSoSay View Post
quote me you sunofab!tch!
.!..!.
I suppose we've spent enough time derailing this thread now?

2005 Windveil Blue GT (MT)
93H Bama tune, JLT Series 3 CAI, FRPP CMDPs, Pype bomb super system, 3.73 gears, Steeda shift bushings, Saleen short shift block
Steeda ultralite springs, Tokiko D-specs, J&M Extreme joint UCA/LCAs, PHB, C/C plates, bumpsteer kit, Steeda Q1S wheels, 2011 GT brakes, 275/40R18 Sumi HTR Ziii tires
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012
SheizaSoSay

..........damnit
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012
PONY Member

Haha! Trolling!

But this really does look like a viable option. You guys think it works ok?

Whipple S/C 550 HO kit, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP springs, Steeda Spyder 20x9 and 20x11, BMR LCAs, BMR ReLo Brackets, Front and Rear CShelby Sway bars, Hurst Billet Shifter, Custom Dyno Tune, MRT O/R H pipe, Borla Stingers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page