Fiberglass hood install - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Fiberglass hood install

I bought a glass hood for my '06, I tried it on the car but the one back corner stuck up about an inch from the fender. I didn't try and bolt it down. I assume it will pull down safely when I bolt it up, but I don't want to break it or crack the paint when I put it on. This is the first aftermarket hood I've used so I don't know if it's normal or what. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012
GT Member

It should fit like the stocker. If not I would send it back. If you break it when installing you may not get your money back. If you think it's not right, take pictures and send them to the manufacture for their advice before going any further.

2005 black GT premium (5spd) / GT500 front LCA/upper strut mounts / Koni Adjustable (yellow)shocks with Roush Springs / FRPP 4:10 rear gear / BMR rear UCA/LCA+relocation brackets / MGW Shifter / Bassani axle backs / Cervinis heat extractor hood and Ducktail spoiler / Carroll Shelby CS69 20x9/20x10 wheels / MSD Blaster 2 coils / Roush TVS2300 Supercharger+Brenspeed 560R upgrade / Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 Clutch / Exedy lightweight flywheel / SR Performance braided stainless clutch Line / Afco Dual Fan Heat Exchanger upgrade / JLT Catch Can / Axle Exchange one piece aluminum DS / Silly grin on my face every time I turn the key.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
Classic Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I actually got it from a swap meet at the beginning of the year, so I guess I'd better see about making it fit before I go any further with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page