Thunder's magnaflow catback video clips - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Thunder's magnaflow catback video clips

Hey guys...I did these a while back and have them posted on other sites...but there seems to be intrest in hearing the sound so....here you go.

These are large files ..hosted for me by Madhouse....Quicktime MOV up to 7.5 mb

I WILL ADD...THE FLOWS are even louder now... after about 500 miles.

STOCK REVS and IDLE......7.5 mb mov quicktime
http://www.modernengineuity.com/gall...magnaflows.mov

MAGNAFLOW CATBACK REV AND IDLE ...7.3 mb mov quicktime

http://www.modernengineuity.com/gall...naflowrevs.mov

2 magnaflow takeoff videos.......3.5 mb and 2.4 mb mov quicktime
http://www.modernengineuity.com/gall...05takeoff1.mov

http://www.modernengineuity.com/gall...05takeoff2.mov

BLACK on BLACK 05 Premium GT
Magnaflow catted X pipe -- Magnaflow catbacks

1967 Hardtop Restomod Project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005
5.0L Member

DAMN DOG!!!!!!!!!!! you sure didnt waste any time getting that on. I got to say, It sounds AWSOME!!! Congrats on the new Mod!!!!!!!!! Maybe i can show my mom and the she will think about getting new exaust.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat101
DAMN DOG!!!!!!!!!!! you sure didnt waste any time getting that on. I got to say, It sounds AWSOME!!! Congrats on the new Mod!!!!!!!!! Maybe i can show my mom and the she will think about getting new exaust.
Thanks tom..had the magnaflows 2 weeks before the car ..and put them on 4 days later.
They sound even better now...did it myself in my garage and it took 2 hours total..including cleanup.

Soon I will install a new system to test for another preformance company...Why?????...because they asked and it's free....and if I don't like them they will come off easy.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Here is a pic that shows the difference in the stock mid pipe and the magnaflow pipe (top pipe is magnaflow)...the other pic.... is the full set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	050101055750.JPG
Views:	485
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	5676   Click image for larger version

Name:	041220051156.JPG
Views:	440
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	5678  

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to 05power
Thunder's magnaflow catback video clips

Hey Thunder05,

Thanks for replying to my PM about the differences between the MagnaFlow and the MagnaPak. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, actually 25 miles south of SF, and the best quote so far for the system you've installed installed si $700.00!! So in anser to your question about where you purchased your set, YES, please share with me and the others!

The other thing I wondered about the difference in the Flow vs the Pak, is the Pak could void your warranty? Not sure, whereas the Flow would not? Maybe you have a better idea on that.

Again thanks for sharing the video clips; your car sounds AWESOME!!

05Power

05Power, Legend Lime Green, Shaker 1000, Chip Foose Wheels, MMR Annihilator Intake Kit
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005

NICE! car love that color, any more vids???
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05power
Hey Thunder05,

Thanks for replying to my PM about the differences between the MagnaFlow and the MagnaPak. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, actually 25 miles south of SF, and the best quote so far for the system you've installed installed si $700.00!! So in anser to your question about where you purchased your set, YES, please share with me and the others!

The other thing I wondered about the difference in the Flow vs the Pak, is the Pak could void your warranty? Not sure, whereas the Flow would not? Maybe you have a better idea on that.

Again thanks for sharing the video clips; your car sounds AWESOME!!

05Power
No problem ...Sorry but I can't say for sure about the warranty being voided with the paks....The clip below is scanned from my warranty manual....notice the title ...it reads pretty clear....but it also says if the damage comes from the mod..(.Ex: catback system on and engine head starts to leak...shouldn't be a void problem)but if it is something they can trace back to your mod then yes is is very possible.

I will send you the details about where to buy in a PM and anyone who is interested...but I can't post them because it's through another site and that is against the aup...436.00 is the current coupon price for the catbacks..they shipped the next day and arrived fast with no problem.....
Self installation is a breeze.....all bolt up....4 hangers.. 2 camps...2 sleeve clamps.

just make sure all 4 wheels are up about 10in. to allow room to snake out the old mid pipe...Post 4 has pics of the pipe difference.
took about 2 hours start to cleanup...and gets you up close and personal with your GT.
I enjoyed the install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mod rule.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	5761  

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfff
NICE! car love that color, any more vids???
Thank you ..I love it....sorry no more vids yet...winter hit me here in Maryland and my baby is under her cover in the garage until the salt and snow are gone and the roads are dry.....But I did manage to get almost 1100 miles in the 3 weeks and a good break in....bought the oil and filter today.....Gonna do a little snow storm oil change ( at least I can play with it) .......Also have to figure out how to film in a smaller size.....those files are huge for some people.....I'm sorry about that.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005
S197 Member

You earned the name Thunder with that exhaust buddy!

Nice car man and great sounding pipes!!! Did you put your car away from the winter due to traction or to protect the finish, etc.? I'v been asking around about snow driving and haven't found too many 05' drivers that have attempted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder05
Thank you ..I love it....sorry no more vids yet...winter hit me here in Maryland and my baby is under her cover in the garage until the salt and snow are gone and the roads are dry.....But I did manage to get almost 1100 miles in the 3 weeks and a good break in....bought the oil and filter today.....Gonna do a little snow storm oil change ( at least I can play with it) .......Also have to figure out how to film in a smaller size.....those files are huge for some people.....I'm sorry about that.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse
You earned the name Thunder with that exhaust buddy!
Hey!!! man...Thanks again for hosting those huge files..for me

BLACK :thumbsup .......................................MY Freind

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanianreaper
Nice car man and great sounding pipes!!! Did you put your car away from the winter due to traction or to protect the finish, etc.? I'v been asking around about snow driving and haven't found too many 05' drivers that have attempted it.
Thanks alot man .....I put her away to protect the car all around...It was bought as a sunny day car.....I intend for it to be a great condition(can't say mint because of the hood and rim mods) low miles car for many moons to come......not that it will be worth anything but it will be mine and still showroom perfect... even the underside.:shiny:
My main vehicle is a 97 f150 4X4...much better in snow anyway.
Ask 05Roush about the snow driving...he just got his Roush and he took pics of it in the snow...I quess he's driving it.:eyepoppin

OoOoOo....Spazzyfry likes...:thumbup

I know you've got a GT, but I'm planning on getting the V6 and tinkering with it, so I was wondering if anyone with duals on their V6 could post up something similar to Thunder for comparison!:green Thanks again for those awesome clips Thunder!:thumbsup
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123
OoOoOo....Spazzyfry likes...:thumbup

I know you've got a GT, but I'm planning on getting the V6 and tinkering with it, so I was wondering if anyone with duals on their V6 could post up something similar to Thunder for comparison!:green Thanks again for those awesome clips Thunder!:thumbsup
Ha Ha..Your welcome... glad you enjoyed them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page