Help with my mustang please!! :( - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Help with my mustang please!! :(

So I've had an issue with my car. Low rpms, gas delay, rough idiling. So I looked up the symptoms and thought it was the throttle body. Looked up the best cleaner, bought it, cleaned it. No avail. So I took it to ford. They told me "faulty alternater". I told him are you sure it's not the tb or tps? He says " oh look at you knowing about your car" (((durrr)))) I guess because I'm a girl I should be like O M G like what's a spark plug?? Anyway..so the job estimated at 600.00 um for a alternater?? No thanks. Went and had a friend of mine get me a deal on one and he installed it. He's also a mustang owner, and had done over 10,000 in engine work on his gt. So I was ok with him playing under my hood. So no avail there. Went back to ford, they told me probably need to reset your computer. Eh no. Went back last week, now they say " oh you need a new throttle body" oh you mean what I said 500 years ago!!? So I complained to the director of service and a 747.00 job went down to 480.00. So now wondering could I just buy a throttle body and have my friend install and if so, which would be the best to invest in? I saw buzz on the BBK 62mm, but I've seen mixed reviews. Anyone have one and are there any other suggestions? My car is sitting down at the ford dealership since Halloween. I sureeee miss her!!! Some help would be appreciated thanks.

Any typos, excuse it because I'm on my mobile.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012
PONY Member
2.3L Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

any chance its something as simple as a fuel filter? and i dont have much experience with the 4.6 but the install of a throttle body on my 4.0 was easy if you do end up getting another, install it yourself, dont bother with Ford. They call it a stealership for a reason...

2005 Ford Mustang Coupe 4.0 5 Speed: Daily Driver

1988 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 5 Speed: Winter Beater

1993 Ford Mustang LX 2.3 to 5.0 5 Speed Swap: SOLD
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

My car starts fine though. It doesn't act like there is no gas. When I come to a stop at a light or something, and accelerate at a green, there's a delay like my car is like ehh ill go in 4 seconds.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Something says "maybe fuel filter", just as suggested above. If you haven't changed it yet, do that first, because that has stumped more than one mechanic before.

SLITHER
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

My sisters mustang had a shaking engine and wouldn't go over 25mph. Turned out needed new coils.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

OEM for tb. Bbk has issues

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012
PONY Member

make sure your mass flow sensor is clean, that happened to mine a while back

2008 Black Mustang GT/CS, 5 speed manual, G/T appearance package, FRPP 4.10 gears, Charcoal Aluminum interior panel, Interior upgrade. Roush TVS stage 1 SC , Stang Hi dyno-jet 93 Oct tune, Pypes LT's X-pipes and delete mufflers, MGW shifter.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellyGT View Post
My car starts fine though. It doesn't act like there is no gas. When I come to a stop at a light or something, and accelerate at a green, there's a delay like my car is like ehh ill go in 4 seconds.
Sounds like its a faulty electric motor on the throttle body, the one that controls the throttle by wire. The throttle body needs to be replaced. Just happened on my 07. A loss of pedal from 25% to 50%. New stock Ford TB works fine.

"Leave the gun....Take the Cannolis"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

I looked up the symptoms for the fuel filter. The only thing in common is the acceleration issues. The symptoms for a bad TB is all of the symptoms I'm experiencing. I even watched a video on youtube about it. Somebody had videotaped their RPM going up and down fast when they weren't even moving. Just like mine. I video taped what my RPM was doing too, showed the Ford guy and he said yeap thats def. the throttle. It even stalled and shut off right in the dealer parking lot. I was on Americanmuscle and I'm thinking of buying the Ford Racing GT500 Throttle Body Upgrade Kit (05-10 GT). It says no tune is required. I was worried about having to pay for it to get tuned, since it says its not required I'm thinking of buying that. I don't think its the fuel filter.
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChellyGT View Post
I looked up the symptoms for the fuel filter. The only thing in common is the acceleration issues. The symptoms for a bad TB is all of the symptoms I'm experiencing. I even watched a video on youtube about it. Somebody had videotaped their RPM going up and down fast when they weren't even moving. Just like mine. I video taped what my RPM was doing too, showed the Ford guy and he said yeap thats def. the throttle. It even stalled and shut off right in the dealer parking lot. I was on Americanmuscle and I'm thinking of buying the Ford Racing GT500 Throttle Body Upgrade Kit (05-10 GT). It says no tune is required. I was worried about having to pay for it to get tuned, since it says its not required I'm thinking of buying that. I don't think its the fuel filter.

ChellyGT,

Thanks for pointing out the "no tune required" statement on our AM site. This is actually incorrect, and must have been a simple mistake by one of our Web Team members. You WILL require a tune adjustment with the GT500 TB, in order to maintain factory drive-ability street manners. Sorry for any confusion this caused, and if you already purchased the GT500 TB, I can help you with the return ASAP!

I will be getting the AM site changed with the correct info, as well. Hope this clears things up, let me know if I need to clarify anything!

Shane

Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
PONY Member
S197 Member

Throttle pedal is my guess. They are inexpensive and easy to change. Couple of bolts and a plug.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

05GT, 09 GT500 Drivetrain, 2.6 pulley, JLT intake, 18x9.5 GT500 wheels, 14" Brembos, 2014 rear brakes, 14 cooling fan, Cortex racing Koni Coilovers, Cortex Watts Link BMR:K-Member, Tube rad support, adj upper third link, rear relo brackets,JBA long tubes and catted mid pipe, Stillen adj front & rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, Steeda shifter, Spydershaft Aluminum DS.
John Lund tune, 568 rwhp, 560 tq.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page