Ford Racing Hot Rod Cams on Supercharged Stang? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ford Racing Hot Rod Cams on Supercharged Stang?

Hi everyone, I was looking at the Ford Racing HOt rod cams and they sound sick, I was reading and it said it does not like low speeds, low rpms. Is this true? But also, how would it sound with my mods? Are they worth the price and does it sound realistic or stupid?

Mods:
RoushCharger M90
Ford Racing Axle-Back Exhaust
Magnaflow Catted X-Pipe
Steeda Cold Air Intake

2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible- 440WHP, 420 Torque
RoushCharger M90, Centerforce Clutch & Flywheel Ford Racing Suspension Kit, Ford Racing Axlebacks, Magnaflow Catted XPipe, Cervini Heat Extractor Hood, GT500 Spoiler, Machined FR500s, Painted Stripes, CDC Light Bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012
GT Member

Blower Grind

I would get a blower grind. The Deroit Rocker has this option.
I have the N/A in my 06 GT and they have been great.
Brenspeed has Tunes availble for the SC you list.
They may say a Stage2 NSR may net you more TQ & HP.
Some go with VSR cams a little more money and work.

That would be my 2cents as I think the Hot Rods may not be the best choice with a SC.

T Wayne

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

What's a blower grind? And thanks for responding

2006 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible- 440WHP, 420 Torque
RoushCharger M90, Centerforce Clutch & Flywheel Ford Racing Suspension Kit, Ford Racing Axlebacks, Magnaflow Catted XPipe, Cervini Heat Extractor Hood, GT500 Spoiler, Machined FR500s, Painted Stripes, CDC Light Bar.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012
GT Member

Lobe

The Lobe seperation is slightly different from one cam to the other. So for short just Blower Grind, meaning the cam is specific for SC engines. The Hot Rods are non specific. The blower grids get the most out of your set up and I'm sure a little more Tuner friendly.

T Wayne
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012
GT Member

Btw

Nice picks of your car in your profile.
The SC with the Steeda CAI is really nice.

T Wayne

Last edited by T.Wayne; 11-04-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Edit
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wayne View Post
The Lobe seperation is slightly different from one cam to the other. So for short just Blower Grind, meaning the cam is specific for SC engines. The Hot Rods are non specific. The blower grids get the most out of your set up and I'm sure a little more Tuner friendly.

T Wayne
I haven't looked at in a while but if I remember right the ford racing had a lsa of around 114 degrees and it is suggested to have over 115 of you have a supercharger. You can look at the specs for most cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

2005 Mustang GT
Performance: Steeda CAI, Steeda Tri-ax shifter,BBK Longtube headers, o/r H pipe, borla stinger catback, MSD Coils, MSD 2 Step Launch Control, Saleen supercharger
custom dyno tune
Suspension:Eibach Springs,Ford Racing shocks and struts, BMR adjustable Panhard Bar
Sound system: 2 T3 T1000 12's, Rockford 1000 amp, 7" touchscreen head unit
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wayne View Post

T Wayne
I haven't looked at in a while but if I remember right the ford racing had a lsa of around 114 degrees and it is suggested to have over 115 of you have a supercharger. You can look at the specs for most cams. I don't think that Detroit rockers specs are released though.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

2005 Mustang GT
Performance: Steeda CAI, Steeda Tri-ax shifter,BBK Longtube headers, o/r H pipe, borla stinger catback, MSD Coils, MSD 2 Step Launch Control, Saleen supercharger
custom dyno tune
Suspension:Eibach Springs,Ford Racing shocks and struts, BMR adjustable Panhard Bar
Sound system: 2 T3 T1000 12's, Rockford 1000 amp, 7" touchscreen head unit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page