RPM issue on track - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

RPM issue on track

I was at NJ mptorsport park the Fri before Sandy hit with NASA. Had a great time and got 5 sessions in. The weather was great and the air temp got to 77. My car runs about 210 all the time on the track. The last session I could not rev past 5500. Is that the computer reducing timing for a hot engine? I never go past 6k because of the weak rods. It was smooth with plenty of power until 5500. Kinda felt like the fuel was shutting off. Any ideas?

05GT, 09 GT500 Drivetrain, 2.6 pulley, JLT intake, 18x9.5 GT500 wheels, 14" Brembos, 2014 rear brakes, 14 cooling fan, Cortex racing Koni Coilovers, Cortex Watts Link BMR:K-Member, Tube rad support, adj upper third link, rear relo brackets,JBA long tubes and catted mid pipe, Stillen adj front & rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, Steeda shifter, Spydershaft Aluminum DS.
John Lund tune, 568 rwhp, 560 tq.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyalpusa View Post
I was at NJ mptorsport park the Fri before Sandy hit with NASA. Had a great time and got 5 sessions in. The weather was great and the air temp got to 77. My car runs about 210 all the time on the track. The last session I could not rev past 5500. Is that the computer reducing timing for a hot engine? I never go past 6k because of the weak rods. It was smooth with plenty of power until 5500. Kinda felt like the fuel was shutting off. Any ideas?
I doubt it was because it was pulling timing. At my last track day it was 100deg out, my ECT's were in the 240's and my IAT's were in the 180-200 range! The car would still rev out just fine. It was a lot slower because I probably had zero timing left, but it would rev out just fine.

Fun fact, when your IAT's hit 225 the ECU kills all the fun and the car goes into limp home mode.

I was having issues with uncovering the pickup in the tank though. It did it in LH corners more than RH ones but it would do it in both. I had to run over 3/4 tank to keep the pumps fed the whole time. You may have had a little of that going on.

Hope that helps.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Come to think of it I was down to about one quarter fuel. I still have the stock pump with a KB bap. It only happened on the straight. Stuck at 120ish due to no rpm.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

05GT, 09 GT500 Drivetrain, 2.6 pulley, JLT intake, 18x9.5 GT500 wheels, 14" Brembos, 2014 rear brakes, 14 cooling fan, Cortex racing Koni Coilovers, Cortex Watts Link BMR:K-Member, Tube rad support, adj upper third link, rear relo brackets,JBA long tubes and catted mid pipe, Stillen adj front & rear sway bars, Bump steer kit, Steeda shifter, Spydershaft Aluminum DS.
John Lund tune, 568 rwhp, 560 tq.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyalpusa View Post
Come to think of it I was down to about one quarter fuel. I still have the stock pump with a KB bap. It only happened on the straight. Stuck at 120ish due to no rpm.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
We may have a winner, try running higher fuel levels.

Also keep in mind the pumps use the fuel in the tank to cool them. With that BAP running that stock pump hard and a low fuel level it could be overheating too.

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page