Need some help - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Need some help

I have a 2010 it has 40 k on clock I had it at Ford around 35k with a complaint of a whin in the rear end. After some back and fourth they did the right thing and replace the pinion gear covered no cost to me still when rear seat is down you can hear what sounds like a scraping noise they say that's normal . I don't know it sounds like brake pads when they are getting low best way to describe noise. With seat up very hard to hear things seem ok when you put power to the ground highway speeds around town nothing other then the scraping noise. Bad wheel bearing ? But I would think when. Turning with a bad bearing noise would change ? Mileage is 19 around town 23 highway ? Sometimes I think I feel a vibration in the shifter ? It driving me crazy cause I can't seem to put my finger on it . Does anyone else have this noise ? Thanks for the help

Easy things first right jack up rear wheels try to see if any play in wheel
Brake pads

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012
PONY Member

Was it the same noise as you originally complained about. From your description it seems like a slightly bent backing plate rubbing the rotor which could have happened during the repair.

1999 V6

2000 GT

One's Nice, One's Nasty
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyboy View Post
I have a 2010 it has 40 k on clock I had it at Ford around 35k with a complaint of a whin in the rear end. After some back and fourth they did the right thing and replace the pinion gear covered no cost to me still when rear seat is down you can hear what sounds like a scraping noise they say that's normal . I don't know it sounds like brake pads when they are getting low best way to describe noise. With seat up very hard to hear things seem ok when you put power to the ground highway speeds around town nothing other then the scraping noise. Bad wheel bearing ? But I would think when. Turning with a bad bearing noise would change ? Mileage is 19 around town 23 highway ? Sometimes I think I feel a vibration in the shifter ? It driving me crazy cause I can't seem to put my finger on it . Does anyone else have this noise ? Thanks for the help.
Hi sonnyboy,

Please make another appointment for diagnosis with your Ford dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can forward it to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Deysha

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandpiper View Post
Was it the same noise as you originally complained about. From your description it seems like a slightly bent backing plate rubbing the rotor which could have happened during the repair.
Yes it is the same noise I started with , I have been in many different stangs and I do not hear the noise . So it is something with my car itself
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012
PONY Member

Grab your video camera or phone, grab a friend, go for a ride and take a vid or just an audio recording. Post it on youtube and paste the link here. There's enough experience on this board that we should be able to identify what's going on.

1999 V6

2000 GT

One's Nice, One's Nasty
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Grab your video camera or phone, grab a friend, go for a ride and take a vid or just an audio recording. Post it on youtube and paste the link here. There's enough experience on this board that we should be able to identify what's going on.
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdQ 4J02Wh0. This is link to YouTube showing or hearing the noise from the rearend
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Sorry last post messed up here is link to a video of the noise I can't figure out what it is
Noise from 2010gt mustang - YouTube

Thanks for any input
Sonny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page