I-Pod + Shaker 1000? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005 Thread Starter

I-Pod + Shaker 1000?

Hey folks.

I will be purchasing a new mustang and will get the shaker 1000 system.

What is the best solution for plugging in a I-pod or MP3 device?

If I go aftermarket does that void any sort of warranty?
http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/l...h_kca-420i.htm
Alpine's IPOD thingy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freonsmurf
Hey folks.

Alpine's IPOD thingy.
You can go to Circuit City, Best Buy, etc, and they can hook you up with an IR adapter that will let you run any player on one of the lower end stations, in the same way you can hook up Sirious or XM to any car.

You can also change your head unit.

If you CHANGE the head unit, it will void the warranty on your head unit, but not the sound system, unless you hook it up wrong and cause a fire . ..

they will only cover the work they do, and the parts from the factory.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freonsmurf
Hey folks.

Alpine's IPOD thingy.
Why would you want a mp3 device if the shaker already plays mp3s? Mine is loaded up with 6 mp3 disks now with about 150 mp3s per disk.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2800
Why would you want a mp3 device if the shaker already plays mp3s? Mine is loaded up with 6 mp3 disks now with about 150 mp3s per disk.
say, if you've got all your songs on your I-Pod, and no disc burner.

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

Ha, my question is why would you pay 1500 for the shaker 1000 and then just hook an ipod up to it. wouldn't an after marker system be cheaper? I know the iPod is sure cheaper.

Well if you figure out how to straight wire it in you'll have to let me know, I've just got the plan stereo, but I'm sure they are all the same.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d6_05GT
Ha, my question is why would you pay 1500 for the shaker 1000 and then just hook an ipod up to it. wouldn't an after marker system be cheaper? I know the iPod is sure cheaper.

Well if you figure out how to straight wire it in you'll have to let me know, I've just got the plan stereo, but I'm sure they are all the same.
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/irock...oductDetail.do

here's the adapter.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005
PONY Member
S197 Member

That is just a transmittor. You lose sound quality doing it that way. I think there needs to be mount for the iPod to hook straight into the AUX on the stereo. Possibly a remote. Now we are talking.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscoyote
Hey now!-Iuse a Belkin FM transmitter for the older ipod and on the new ipod I use an itrip. You tune into FM 88.1, 88.3, 88.5 or 88.7 and viola' you've got all your ipod songs going. My kid drives me crazy w/ his! :kooky:

2005 GT coupe
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d6_05GT
That is just a transmittor. You lose sound quality doing it that way. I think there needs to be mount for the iPod to hook straight into the AUX on the stereo. Possibly a remote. Now we are talking.
Alpine makes an adapter through their Ai-net line. It's more expensive than the transmitter, so it depends on what you want to spend.

The sound quality on even the Mach500 and 1000 aren't that great.

The salesman on the 05's tried to convince me, then I let him sit in my car. He had to admit mine had better sound quality.

If it's an OEM stereo, I'd go transmitter. If it's upper lower end aftermarket, or high end aftermarket, I'd go with Alpine.

V6 Member
S197 Member

You cannot simply replace the head unit for the shaker 1000... they use unique wiring which makes it impossible to just slide another head in there. I personally would have just gone without 500 or 1000 and bought an aftermarket (in fact, that's what I did). Also, we still havent figured out if there is any actual AUX input on any shaker or if the appearance of an aux is just leftover from another very similar model. Without a tape deck , the FM transmitter appears to be the only way. I will say that in a highly populated area, it was very difficult for me when I tried to make use of such a method. There didn't appear to be a single station that was interference free for more than a half hour. I also had trouble if a passenger blocked the line of sight to the antenna.

Just my 2 cents.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to grnvlmike Send a message via Yahoo to grnvlmike
shaker wiring diagram

This should help...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2005 mustang audio wiring.pdf (379.8 KB, 772 views)

2005 Mustang named Nikita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page